Body of another LeT militant found from encounter site
Srinagar: Security forces on Thursday recovered
the body of a Lashker-e-Toiba (LeT) militant, from the site of
a fierce gun-battle on May 24 in Kupwara district of north
Kashmir, raising the number of militants killed in the
operation to two, officials said.
Body of the unidentified LeT militant was recovered
from the debris of one of the four residential houses, gutted
during the encounter at Shatigam Ganai village of Handwara, 80
kms from here, they said.
Police assisted by Rashtriya Rifles had launched a
joint operation in the village on Tuesday evening and came
under fire from the hiding militants, triggering a gunfight
which ended yesterday.
Four houses and a cowshed were destroyed in the encounter
and later the search of the debris led to recovery of the
body of a LeT militant and some arms and ammunition.
The search of debris continued for the second day today
during which the body of second militant was recovered, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family