Body of ASI recovered in J&K
Srinagar: The month-long search for an Assistant Sub-Inspector of Jammu and Kashmir police ended on Saturday with the recovery of his body from a stream in Chandanwari area in the periphery of Pahalgam in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district, police said.
ASI Habib Ullah, incharge of a police naka party, went missing in Chandanwari along the Pahalgam-Amarnath cave track on June 8 while leaving for a bath in Lidder stream.
The body of the missing ASI has been fished out from the stream near Zig morh Chandanwari and was later handed over to his family for last rites, a police spokesman said.
The officer had drowned in the stream while taking a bath, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere