Body of ASI recovered in J&K
Srinagar: The month-long search for an Assistant Sub-Inspector of Jammu and Kashmir police ended on Saturday with the recovery of his body from a stream in Chandanwari area in the periphery of Pahalgam in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district, police said.
ASI Habib Ullah, incharge of a police naka party, went missing in Chandanwari along the Pahalgam-Amarnath cave track on June 8 while leaving for a bath in Lidder stream.
The body of the missing ASI has been fished out from the stream near Zig morh Chandanwari and was later handed over to his family for last rites, a police spokesman said.
The officer had drowned in the stream while taking a bath, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed