Body of ASI recovered in J&K
Srinagar: The month-long search for an Assistant Sub-Inspector of Jammu and Kashmir police ended on Saturday with the recovery of his body from a stream in Chandanwari area in the periphery of Pahalgam in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district, police said.
ASI Habib Ullah, incharge of a police naka party, went missing in Chandanwari along the Pahalgam-Amarnath cave track on June 8 while leaving for a bath in Lidder stream.
The body of the missing ASI has been fished out from the stream near Zig morh Chandanwari and was later handed over to his family for last rites, a police spokesman said.
The officer had drowned in the stream while taking a bath, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'