Body of ASI recovered in J&K
Srinagar: The month-long search for an Assistant Sub-Inspector of Jammu and Kashmir police ended on Saturday with the recovery of his body from a stream in Chandanwari area in the periphery of Pahalgam in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district, police said.
ASI Habib Ullah, incharge of a police naka party, went missing in Chandanwari along the Pahalgam-Amarnath cave track on June 8 while leaving for a bath in Lidder stream.
The body of the missing ASI has been fished out from the stream near Zig morh Chandanwari and was later handed over to his family for last rites, a police spokesman said.
The officer had drowned in the stream while taking a bath, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days