Body of militant sympathiser recovered in Kashmir
Srinagar: Police Thursday recovered a throat
slit body of a former militant sympathiser from a forest area in Kangan area of central Kashmir`s Ganderbal district, officials said.
Body of Haider Gigi was recovered from the forests of Hayeen in Kangan area, 45 kms from here, this morning, the
Gigi was killed by slitting his throat with a sharp
edged weapon, they said.
Gigi was a former militant sympathiser with Hizbul
Mujahideen outfit and was arrested under the Arms Act in 2004.
After his release, he had reportedly refused to work with the
group again, they added.
Moscow: The embattled Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, facing protests against his 41-year regime, has announced a reward of more than USD 400,000 for capturing the country`s top opposition leader, a media report said.
According to a Libyan TV channel, Gaddafi offered a half million-dinar (USD 410,900) for the capture of former justice minister Mustafa Abdul-Jalil.
The bounty would be paid "to whoever captures and hands over" the "agent spy" Abdul-Jalil, and "200,000 Libyan dinars (USD 164,300) to whoever offers information leading to his actual arrest".
Inspired by the recent overthrow of long-term regimes in Tunisia and Egypt, Gaddafi`s opponents are demanding his immediate removal.
International human rights organisations have estimated about 6,000 people have been killed since the anti-Gaddafi protests began on February 14. The UN said the toll ranged from 1,000 to 2,000 people.
Gaddafi said on Wednesday in an interview with the Turkish TRT media holding that Libya is confronting an attempt by the al Qaeda terrorist network to destabilise the situation there and in another Arab countries.
Gaddafi also blamed the current unrest in the country on al Qaeda and its leader Osama bin Laden, who he said were seeking to turn Libya into a state resembling Afghanistan or Somalia.
The UN Security Council adopted a resolution on February 26 on "targeted measures" against the current Libyan government. The sanctions include a total arms embargo, travel bans and freezing of accounts held by the country`s leadership.
A UN resolution on the imposition of a no-fly zone over Libyan airspace is to be debated by NATO defence ministers later this week. Russia has said it is against all military intervention.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!