Body recovered after remaining buried in snow for 3 months
Srinagar: The body of a person, who went
missing in February after being caught in an avalanche, was
recovered from a forest in Anantnag district of south Kashmir,
police said on Sunday.
Javaid Ahmad Koka had gone missing on February 8 and his
body remained buried under thick snow for over three months
before being recovered from Barinar-Utrasoo forest, 90 kms
from here, the police said.
The body became visible as the snow started melting due
to the rise in temperature, a police spokesman said.
Koka along with two others had gone went missing after
they were caught in an avalanche while collecting herbs and
fire wood from the forest, he said.
While bodies of his friends, Ghulam Qadir Wani and Abdul
Ahad Wani were recovered by rescue teams comprising police,
Army and locals three days after the incident, Koka remained
untraceable, he said.
The search operation had to abandoned because of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi