Body recovered after remaining buried in snow for 3 months
Srinagar: The body of a person, who went
missing in February after being caught in an avalanche, was
recovered from a forest in Anantnag district of south Kashmir,
police said on Sunday.
Javaid Ahmad Koka had gone missing on February 8 and his
body remained buried under thick snow for over three months
before being recovered from Barinar-Utrasoo forest, 90 kms
from here, the police said.
The body became visible as the snow started melting due
to the rise in temperature, a police spokesman said.
Koka along with two others had gone went missing after
they were caught in an avalanche while collecting herbs and
fire wood from the forest, he said.
While bodies of his friends, Ghulam Qadir Wani and Abdul
Ahad Wani were recovered by rescue teams comprising police,
Army and locals three days after the incident, Koka remained
untraceable, he said.
The search operation had to abandoned because of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'