Body recovered after remaining buried in snow for 3 months
Srinagar: The body of a person, who went
missing in February after being caught in an avalanche, was
recovered from a forest in Anantnag district of south Kashmir,
police said on Sunday.
Javaid Ahmad Koka had gone missing on February 8 and his
body remained buried under thick snow for over three months
before being recovered from Barinar-Utrasoo forest, 90 kms
from here, the police said.
The body became visible as the snow started melting due
to the rise in temperature, a police spokesman said.
Koka along with two others had gone went missing after
they were caught in an avalanche while collecting herbs and
fire wood from the forest, he said.
While bodies of his friends, Ghulam Qadir Wani and Abdul
Ahad Wani were recovered by rescue teams comprising police,
Army and locals three days after the incident, Koka remained
untraceable, he said.
The search operation had to abandoned because of
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview