Body recovered after remaining buried in snow for 3 months
Srinagar: The body of a person, who went
missing in February after being caught in an avalanche, was
recovered from a forest in Anantnag district of south Kashmir,
police said on Sunday.
Javaid Ahmad Koka had gone missing on February 8 and his
body remained buried under thick snow for over three months
before being recovered from Barinar-Utrasoo forest, 90 kms
from here, the police said.
The body became visible as the snow started melting due
to the rise in temperature, a police spokesman said.
Koka along with two others had gone went missing after
they were caught in an avalanche while collecting herbs and
fire wood from the forest, he said.
While bodies of his friends, Ghulam Qadir Wani and Abdul
Ahad Wani were recovered by rescue teams comprising police,
Army and locals three days after the incident, Koka remained
untraceable, he said.
The search operation had to abandoned because of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what