Bomb defused near Jammu
Jammu: The police in Jammu and Kashmir Thursday detected and defused a timebomb in a briefcase near a petrol pump in the Ranbir Singh Pura area, west of Jammu.
According to police, some people saw an abandoned brief case lying near a petrol pump in R.S. Pora area, about 25 km west of Jammu. They informed the police immediately.
The police cordoned off the area and called the bomb disposal squad, who found a bomb fitted with a timer.
An officer said: "The bomb has been diffused and the timely detection has averted a major tragedy as a petrol pump was nearby."
Security across the state is in high alert in view of annual Hindu pilgrimage to Amarnath Shrine in Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported