Bomb defused near Jammu
Jammu: The police in Jammu and Kashmir Thursday detected and defused a timebomb in a briefcase near a petrol pump in the Ranbir Singh Pura area, west of Jammu.
According to police, some people saw an abandoned brief case lying near a petrol pump in R.S. Pora area, about 25 km west of Jammu. They informed the police immediately.
The police cordoned off the area and called the bomb disposal squad, who found a bomb fitted with a timer.
An officer said: "The bomb has been diffused and the timely detection has averted a major tragedy as a petrol pump was nearby."
Security across the state is in high alert in view of annual Hindu pilgrimage to Amarnath Shrine in Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- SC's ultimatum to DLF: Give possession to Panchkula Valley home buyers by Nov 30
- In Haryana's Mewat, half a dozen men kill couple, gang-rape two relatives
- Indian tablet market grew 14.4% in Q2 2016; Datawind continues domination
- From waiter to an Olympian in Rio: This is India's unsung hero Manish Rawat's story – HATS OFF!
- Do you know how harmful leading a sedentary lifestyle is? - Read