Bomb defused near Jammu
Jammu: The police in Jammu and Kashmir Thursday detected and defused a timebomb in a briefcase near a petrol pump in the Ranbir Singh Pura area, west of Jammu.
According to police, some people saw an abandoned brief case lying near a petrol pump in R.S. Pora area, about 25 km west of Jammu. They informed the police immediately.
The police cordoned off the area and called the bomb disposal squad, who found a bomb fitted with a timer.
An officer said: "The bomb has been diffused and the timely detection has averted a major tragedy as a petrol pump was nearby."
Security across the state is in high alert in view of annual Hindu pilgrimage to Amarnath Shrine in Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list