Border trade: India, Pakistan exchange fruits, vegetables
Srinagar: Tensions between India and Pakistan over recent killing of soldiers may have erupted but it was business as usual at Uri check post in north Kashmir where trading continued smoothly with consignments of fruits being exchanged by both sides Friday.
Over 50 trucks carrying grapes, tomatoes and bananas crossed over from Uri`s check post into Pakistan occupied Kashmir while the other side sent apples and oranges, official sources said.
They said the gates at Kaman post at Uri were opened at normal timings and the Pakistani side also ensured timely clearance of the trucks carrying the loads.
From India, consignment of tomatoes, grapes and bananas was sent to Muzafarrabad, whereas from PoK, truck loads of apple, potatoes, onion and kinoo (oranges) was received, the sources said.
Trading was opened in Uri a day after Pakistan Army had refused to open the gates for allowing cross-LoC trade in Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point in Poonch district in Jammu region.
As many as 25 trucks carrying goods mostly vegetables for traders in PoK were stranded at the checkpoint.
Tensions had mounted along the LoC after Pakistani Army brutally killed two Indian soldiers in Mendhar area of Poonch after which skirmishes were reported along the LoC.
Uri town has been witness to many ceasefire violations including the latest one on January 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset