Both eyes of Army jawan gouged out in J&K
Jammu: An Army jawan, with both his eyes gouged out, was found in an unconscious state in a nullah on Jammu-Poonch highway near Akhnoor ON Wednesday, police said.
Rakesh Dutt, a resident of Lam (Noushera) in border district of Rajouri, was posted with 11 Rashtriya Rifles in Kishtwar.
"An Army jawan was found in an unconscious state with both his eyes damaged (gouged out) in a nullah near Chowki Choran on Jammu-Poonch highway near Akhnoor," Sub-Divisional Police Officer Rais Ahmed Bhat told PTI.
Police rushed to the scene after receiving a telephone call from a passer-by about a jawan lying in an unconscious state this morning, he said.
"A case has been registered and investigation is on to ascertain the circumstances in which his eyes were damaged," the police officer said.
Dutt was on a one-month leave which expired on March 31, Bhat said.
Married nearly three years ago, he had a two-year-old daughter.
The jawan was admitted to the Government Medical Hospital, the SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video