Both eyes of Army jawan gouged out in J&K
Jammu: An Army jawan, with both his eyes gouged out, was found in an unconscious state in a nullah on Jammu-Poonch highway near Akhnoor ON Wednesday, police said.
Rakesh Dutt, a resident of Lam (Noushera) in border district of Rajouri, was posted with 11 Rashtriya Rifles in Kishtwar.
"An Army jawan was found in an unconscious state with both his eyes damaged (gouged out) in a nullah near Chowki Choran on Jammu-Poonch highway near Akhnoor," Sub-Divisional Police Officer Rais Ahmed Bhat told PTI.
Police rushed to the scene after receiving a telephone call from a passer-by about a jawan lying in an unconscious state this morning, he said.
"A case has been registered and investigation is on to ascertain the circumstances in which his eyes were damaged," the police officer said.
Dutt was on a one-month leave which expired on March 31, Bhat said.
Married nearly three years ago, he had a two-year-old daughter.
The jawan was admitted to the Government Medical Hospital, the SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state