Both eyes of Army jawan gouged out in J&K
Jammu: An Army jawan, with both his eyes gouged out, was found in an unconscious state in a nullah on Jammu-Poonch highway near Akhnoor ON Wednesday, police said.
Rakesh Dutt, a resident of Lam (Noushera) in border district of Rajouri, was posted with 11 Rashtriya Rifles in Kishtwar.
"An Army jawan was found in an unconscious state with both his eyes damaged (gouged out) in a nullah near Chowki Choran on Jammu-Poonch highway near Akhnoor," Sub-Divisional Police Officer Rais Ahmed Bhat told PTI.
Police rushed to the scene after receiving a telephone call from a passer-by about a jawan lying in an unconscious state this morning, he said.
"A case has been registered and investigation is on to ascertain the circumstances in which his eyes were damaged," the police officer said.
Dutt was on a one-month leave which expired on March 31, Bhat said.
Married nearly three years ago, he had a two-year-old daughter.
The jawan was admitted to the Government Medical Hospital, the SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened