Both eyes of Army jawan gouged out in J&K
Jammu: An Army jawan, with both his eyes gouged out, was found in an unconscious state in a nullah on Jammu-Poonch highway near Akhnoor ON Wednesday, police said.
Rakesh Dutt, a resident of Lam (Noushera) in border district of Rajouri, was posted with 11 Rashtriya Rifles in Kishtwar.
"An Army jawan was found in an unconscious state with both his eyes damaged (gouged out) in a nullah near Chowki Choran on Jammu-Poonch highway near Akhnoor," Sub-Divisional Police Officer Rais Ahmed Bhat told PTI.
Police rushed to the scene after receiving a telephone call from a passer-by about a jawan lying in an unconscious state this morning, he said.
"A case has been registered and investigation is on to ascertain the circumstances in which his eyes were damaged," the police officer said.
Dutt was on a one-month leave which expired on March 31, Bhat said.
Married nearly three years ago, he had a two-year-old daughter.
The jawan was admitted to the Government Medical Hospital, the SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?