Both eyes of Army jawan gouged out in J&K
Jammu: An Army jawan, with both his eyes gouged out, was found in an unconscious state in a nullah on Jammu-Poonch highway near Akhnoor ON Wednesday, police said.
Rakesh Dutt, a resident of Lam (Noushera) in border district of Rajouri, was posted with 11 Rashtriya Rifles in Kishtwar.
"An Army jawan was found in an unconscious state with both his eyes damaged (gouged out) in a nullah near Chowki Choran on Jammu-Poonch highway near Akhnoor," Sub-Divisional Police Officer Rais Ahmed Bhat told PTI.
Police rushed to the scene after receiving a telephone call from a passer-by about a jawan lying in an unconscious state this morning, he said.
"A case has been registered and investigation is on to ascertain the circumstances in which his eyes were damaged," the police officer said.
Dutt was on a one-month leave which expired on March 31, Bhat said.
Married nearly three years ago, he had a two-year-old daughter.
The jawan was admitted to the Government Medical Hospital, the SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation