Both Mirwaiz and his killer buried in Eidgah graveyard: DGP
Jammu: Taking a dig at separatists in Jammu
and Kashmir, state Director General of Police Kuldeep Khoda on Monday said it is "surprising" that slain Mirwaiz Farooq and
his killer were both buried in as "martyrs" at the Eidgah
graveyard in Sringar.
"He (top Hurriyat leader Abdul Gani Bhat) revealed what
everybody knows about harsh realities of political killings by
militants in Kashmir," Khoda told reporters in reply to a
question about Bhat`s remark that senior separatists were
killed by their own men and not by government forces.
"Mirwaiz Farooq was killed by militants. He and his
killer (Abdullah Bangroo) were buried at martyrs` graveyard in
Eidgah. It is so surprising that the killer and the victim --
both have been buried as martyrs," he said.
"I do not know what is the reason for him (Bhat) to say
this at this moment. But this is the truth," he said adding
separatists and mainstream political parties should tell the
people about the "harsh truth" of political killings in the
Addressing a seminar yesterday, Bhat said that top
separatist leaders Abdul Gani Lone and Mirwaiz Farooq were not
killed by the government forces but "our own people".
Mirwaiz Farooq and Lone were killed by militants in 1990
and 2002, respectively.
Khoda said people should know the harsh truth behind the
separatist movement and militancy in Kashmir Valley and
accused separatists of luring the youth to the path of
violence and terror with money which comes through various
hawala channels to them.
As far as separatist activities are concerned, they will
be dealt with a strong hand, he said adding, "We will not
allow them to spoil peace and normalcy in the Valley."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire