Both Mirwaiz and his killer buried in Eidgah graveyard: DGP
Jammu: Taking a dig at separatists in Jammu
and Kashmir, state Director General of Police Kuldeep Khoda on Monday said it is "surprising" that slain Mirwaiz Farooq and
his killer were both buried in as "martyrs" at the Eidgah
graveyard in Sringar.
"He (top Hurriyat leader Abdul Gani Bhat) revealed what
everybody knows about harsh realities of political killings by
militants in Kashmir," Khoda told reporters in reply to a
question about Bhat`s remark that senior separatists were
killed by their own men and not by government forces.
"Mirwaiz Farooq was killed by militants. He and his
killer (Abdullah Bangroo) were buried at martyrs` graveyard in
Eidgah. It is so surprising that the killer and the victim --
both have been buried as martyrs," he said.
"I do not know what is the reason for him (Bhat) to say
this at this moment. But this is the truth," he said adding
separatists and mainstream political parties should tell the
people about the "harsh truth" of political killings in the
Addressing a seminar yesterday, Bhat said that top
separatist leaders Abdul Gani Lone and Mirwaiz Farooq were not
killed by the government forces but "our own people".
Mirwaiz Farooq and Lone were killed by militants in 1990
and 2002, respectively.
Khoda said people should know the harsh truth behind the
separatist movement and militancy in Kashmir Valley and
accused separatists of luring the youth to the path of
violence and terror with money which comes through various
hawala channels to them.
As far as separatist activities are concerned, they will
be dealt with a strong hand, he said adding, "We will not
allow them to spoil peace and normalcy in the Valley."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations