Boy killed in grenade explosion in Kupwara
Srinagar: An eight-year-old boy was killed on Sunday when a hand grenade which he had found in a field exploded in Kupwara district of north Kashmir.
Tariq Ahmad Shah was killed on the spot when the grenade exploded in his hands at Shirhama in Kalamabad area of Kupwara district, police said.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that Shah found the grenade in the fields near his house and started playing with it when the explosion took place, police said.
They said the grenade is believed to have been left there during two encounters that took place in May 2008.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times