Boy killed in grenade explosion in Kupwara
Srinagar: An eight-year-old boy was killed on Sunday when a hand grenade which he had found in a field exploded in Kupwara district of north Kashmir.
Tariq Ahmad Shah was killed on the spot when the grenade exploded in his hands at Shirhama in Kalamabad area of Kupwara district, police said.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that Shah found the grenade in the fields near his house and started playing with it when the explosion took place, police said.
They said the grenade is believed to have been left there during two encounters that took place in May 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray