Boy killed in grenade explosion in Kupwara
Srinagar: An eight-year-old boy was killed on Sunday when a hand grenade which he had found in a field exploded in Kupwara district of north Kashmir.
Tariq Ahmad Shah was killed on the spot when the grenade exploded in his hands at Shirhama in Kalamabad area of Kupwara district, police said.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that Shah found the grenade in the fields near his house and started playing with it when the explosion took place, police said.
They said the grenade is believed to have been left there during two encounters that took place in May 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion