Boy killed in grenade explosion in Kupwara
Srinagar: An eight-year-old boy was killed on Sunday when a hand grenade which he had found in a field exploded in Kupwara district of north Kashmir.
Tariq Ahmad Shah was killed on the spot when the grenade exploded in his hands at Shirhama in Kalamabad area of Kupwara district, police said.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that Shah found the grenade in the fields near his house and started playing with it when the explosion took place, police said.
They said the grenade is believed to have been left there during two encounters that took place in May 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users