British woman`s body to be flown back to UK
Srinagar: The body of a British woman, who was stabbed to death allegedly by a Dutch tourist last week, was Tuesday handed over to British High Commission officials for taking it to her home country.
Sarah Elizabeth, 24, was found dead in a pool of blood inside her room in the houseboat here on Saturday.
"The body has been handed over to the British High Commission officials, who had arrived here to collect it, in presence of local police officials," Medical Superintendent of SKIMS hospital Aijaz Mustafa said.
Dutch tourist Richard de-Wit was arrested from south Kashmir town of Qazigund in Anantnag district as he was trying to flee the Valley.
He has been arrested on charges of murder and is currently on 10 days` police remand.
The postmortem report of the deceased is still awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!