British woman`s body to be flown back to UK
Srinagar: The body of a British woman, who was stabbed to death allegedly by a Dutch tourist last week, was Tuesday handed over to British High Commission officials for taking it to her home country.
Sarah Elizabeth, 24, was found dead in a pool of blood inside her room in the houseboat here on Saturday.
"The body has been handed over to the British High Commission officials, who had arrived here to collect it, in presence of local police officials," Medical Superintendent of SKIMS hospital Aijaz Mustafa said.
Dutch tourist Richard de-Wit was arrested from south Kashmir town of Qazigund in Anantnag district as he was trying to flee the Valley.
He has been arrested on charges of murder and is currently on 10 days` police remand.
The postmortem report of the deceased is still awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital