British woman`s body to be flown back to UK
Srinagar: The body of a British woman, who was stabbed to death allegedly by a Dutch tourist last week, was Tuesday handed over to British High Commission officials for taking it to her home country.
Sarah Elizabeth, 24, was found dead in a pool of blood inside her room in the houseboat here on Saturday.
"The body has been handed over to the British High Commission officials, who had arrived here to collect it, in presence of local police officials," Medical Superintendent of SKIMS hospital Aijaz Mustafa said.
Dutch tourist Richard de-Wit was arrested from south Kashmir town of Qazigund in Anantnag district as he was trying to flee the Valley.
He has been arrested on charges of murder and is currently on 10 days` police remand.
The postmortem report of the deceased is still awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official