British woman`s body to be flown back to UK
Srinagar: The body of a British woman, who was stabbed to death allegedly by a Dutch tourist last week, was Tuesday handed over to British High Commission officials for taking it to her home country.
Sarah Elizabeth, 24, was found dead in a pool of blood inside her room in the houseboat here on Saturday.
"The body has been handed over to the British High Commission officials, who had arrived here to collect it, in presence of local police officials," Medical Superintendent of SKIMS hospital Aijaz Mustafa said.
Dutch tourist Richard de-Wit was arrested from south Kashmir town of Qazigund in Anantnag district as he was trying to flee the Valley.
He has been arrested on charges of murder and is currently on 10 days` police remand.
The postmortem report of the deceased is still awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Japan police search home of suspect in stabbing spree
- 5 affordable hatchbacks with first-in-class features –Check out
- Twitter's Android app makes night-time tweeting easy
- Chinese troops camp in Uttarakhand's Chamoli, PLA helicopter violates Indian airspace
- Assam flood toll 12, CM makes statement in House