BSF acquiring 191 acres of land for border fencing
Jammu: BSF is acquiring 191 acres of land for construction of three-tier border fencing along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu frontier of the state.
"Out of the total land measuring 10408 kanals (1301 acres) in 118 villages of Jammu, Samba and Kathua districts, an area measuring 1599 kanals (191 acres) is being acquired by BSF for fencing in 17 villages of Hiranagar constituency of Kathua district along International Border", Minister of State for Revenue, Relief and Rehabilitation, Aijaz Ahmed Khan said.
In a written reply to the question of member Durga Dass in the state Assembly today, he said acquisition proceedings under J&K Land Acquisition Act have been initiated.
As the cases are at different stages of acquisition, no compensation has so far been provided to the land owners whose land has come under the border fencing in Jammu division, he said.
Khan said compensation will be paid after issuance of final awards with regard to completion of acquisition proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...