BSF acquiring 191 acres of land for border fencing
Jammu: BSF is acquiring 191 acres of land for construction of three-tier border fencing along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu frontier of the state.
"Out of the total land measuring 10408 kanals (1301 acres) in 118 villages of Jammu, Samba and Kathua districts, an area measuring 1599 kanals (191 acres) is being acquired by BSF for fencing in 17 villages of Hiranagar constituency of Kathua district along International Border", Minister of State for Revenue, Relief and Rehabilitation, Aijaz Ahmed Khan said.
In a written reply to the question of member Durga Dass in the state Assembly today, he said acquisition proceedings under J&K Land Acquisition Act have been initiated.
As the cases are at different stages of acquisition, no compensation has so far been provided to the land owners whose land has come under the border fencing in Jammu division, he said.
Khan said compensation will be paid after issuance of final awards with regard to completion of acquisition proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Summer skincare: Pamper your skin with these natural ingredients!
- Bihar road rage case: Accused Teni Yadav's bail plea rejected
- 26/11 attacks: US says it wants justice, asks Pakistan to ''cooperate'' with India
- What's the joke? Riteish Deshmukh and Akshay Kumar's 'Housefull3' moment!
- Facebook, Microsoft join hands to build undersea internet cable