BSF arrests Pak infiltrator on international border in J&K
Jammu: A Pakistani was arrested Thursday evening by the paramilitary Border Security Force (BSF) after he infiltrated into the Indian side of the international border in Jammu and Kashmir.
A senior police officer said that Muhammad Akmal, 25, was arrested by BSF troopers in Arnia area of R.S. Pura sector in Jammu district.
"Although no weapons have been recovered from the infiltrator, we are investigating the motive behind his infiltration into our side," the officer said.
The infiltrator was handed over to the local police by the BSF for registering a case against him.
The international border in Jammu and Kashmir is guarded by the BSF while the army guards the line of control (LoC) between India and Pakistan in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon