BSF arrests Pak infiltrator on international border in J&K
Jammu: A Pakistani was arrested Thursday evening by the paramilitary Border Security Force (BSF) after he infiltrated into the Indian side of the international border in Jammu and Kashmir.
A senior police officer said that Muhammad Akmal, 25, was arrested by BSF troopers in Arnia area of R.S. Pura sector in Jammu district.
"Although no weapons have been recovered from the infiltrator, we are investigating the motive behind his infiltration into our side," the officer said.
The infiltrator was handed over to the local police by the BSF for registering a case against him.
The international border in Jammu and Kashmir is guarded by the BSF while the army guards the line of control (LoC) between India and Pakistan in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Cold war between Bollywood buddies Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt - All you need to know
- German Bakery blast: Maharashtra govt challenges verdict commuting death penalty of Himayat Baig
- UP: 7-year-old girl raped, later killed; police refuse to handover body, beat up family members
- World number two Jordan Spieth still uncertain if he will play in Rio Olympics
- JD(U) questions Amit Shah's credentials for criticizing Jawaharlal Nehru over Kashmir's issues