BSF arrests Pak infiltrator on international border in J&K
Jammu: A Pakistani was arrested Thursday evening by the paramilitary Border Security Force (BSF) after he infiltrated into the Indian side of the international border in Jammu and Kashmir.
A senior police officer said that Muhammad Akmal, 25, was arrested by BSF troopers in Arnia area of R.S. Pura sector in Jammu district.
"Although no weapons have been recovered from the infiltrator, we are investigating the motive behind his infiltration into our side," the officer said.
The infiltrator was handed over to the local police by the BSF for registering a case against him.
The international border in Jammu and Kashmir is guarded by the BSF while the army guards the line of control (LoC) between India and Pakistan in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened