BSF arrests Pak infiltrator on international border in J&K
Jammu: A Pakistani was arrested Thursday evening by the paramilitary Border Security Force (BSF) after he infiltrated into the Indian side of the international border in Jammu and Kashmir.
A senior police officer said that Muhammad Akmal, 25, was arrested by BSF troopers in Arnia area of R.S. Pura sector in Jammu district.
"Although no weapons have been recovered from the infiltrator, we are investigating the motive behind his infiltration into our side," the officer said.
The infiltrator was handed over to the local police by the BSF for registering a case against him.
The international border in Jammu and Kashmir is guarded by the BSF while the army guards the line of control (LoC) between India and Pakistan in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security