BSF arrests Pak infiltrator on international border in J&K
Jammu: A Pakistani was arrested Thursday evening by the paramilitary Border Security Force (BSF) after he infiltrated into the Indian side of the international border in Jammu and Kashmir.
A senior police officer said that Muhammad Akmal, 25, was arrested by BSF troopers in Arnia area of R.S. Pura sector in Jammu district.
"Although no weapons have been recovered from the infiltrator, we are investigating the motive behind his infiltration into our side," the officer said.
The infiltrator was handed over to the local police by the BSF for registering a case against him.
The international border in Jammu and Kashmir is guarded by the BSF while the army guards the line of control (LoC) between India and Pakistan in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh