BSF arrests Pak intruder on Indo-Pak border in Jammu
Jammu: The BSF on Friday arrested a Pakistani national along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu and Kashmir`s RS Pura belt.
Mohammad Shafiq (42), a resident of Kuiyan, Rawalakot in Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir crossed over to this side of the international border in Khatmarian Border Out Post early this morning, a BSF spokesman said.
Troops of 122 Battalion of BSF observed some suspicious movement along the border and challenged him, he said, adding that Shafiq was later arrested.
During search, one HBL debit card on the name of AB Rehman Butt was recovered from his possession, he said.
The apprehended person will be handed over to local police after preliminary questioning, the spokesman said.
In the last one week, it was the second occasion when a Pakistani national was arrested by the BSF along the Indo-Pak border.
Mohammad Asif, who is mentally unfit, was arrested along the International Border after he inadvertently crossed over to this side in Samba belt on June 26.
Asif was handed over to the Pakistani Rangers at a flag meeting by the BSF along the International Border at Rajpora Khora border post in Samba district on July 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security