BSF arrests Pak intruder on Indo-Pak border in Jammu
Jammu: The BSF on Friday arrested a Pakistani national along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu and Kashmir`s RS Pura belt.
Mohammad Shafiq (42), a resident of Kuiyan, Rawalakot in Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir crossed over to this side of the international border in Khatmarian Border Out Post early this morning, a BSF spokesman said.
Troops of 122 Battalion of BSF observed some suspicious movement along the border and challenged him, he said, adding that Shafiq was later arrested.
During search, one HBL debit card on the name of AB Rehman Butt was recovered from his possession, he said.
The apprehended person will be handed over to local police after preliminary questioning, the spokesman said.
In the last one week, it was the second occasion when a Pakistani national was arrested by the BSF along the Indo-Pak border.
Mohammad Asif, who is mentally unfit, was arrested along the International Border after he inadvertently crossed over to this side in Samba belt on June 26.
Asif was handed over to the Pakistani Rangers at a flag meeting by the BSF along the International Border at Rajpora Khora border post in Samba district on July 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you