BSF arrests Pak intruder on Indo-Pak border in Jammu
Jammu: The BSF on Friday arrested a Pakistani national along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu and Kashmir`s RS Pura belt.
Mohammad Shafiq (42), a resident of Kuiyan, Rawalakot in Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir crossed over to this side of the international border in Khatmarian Border Out Post early this morning, a BSF spokesman said.
Troops of 122 Battalion of BSF observed some suspicious movement along the border and challenged him, he said, adding that Shafiq was later arrested.
During search, one HBL debit card on the name of AB Rehman Butt was recovered from his possession, he said.
The apprehended person will be handed over to local police after preliminary questioning, the spokesman said.
In the last one week, it was the second occasion when a Pakistani national was arrested by the BSF along the Indo-Pak border.
Mohammad Asif, who is mentally unfit, was arrested along the International Border after he inadvertently crossed over to this side in Samba belt on June 26.
Asif was handed over to the Pakistani Rangers at a flag meeting by the BSF along the International Border at Rajpora Khora border post in Samba district on July 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow