BSF DIG killed in IED blast in J&K
Jammu: In a major setback to the security forces, militants on Monday targeted a BSF vehicle, killing a top ranking official of DIG rank in Jammu and Kashmir.
According to reports, the incident took place in Ramgarh in Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
The vehicle carrying BSF DIG OP Tanwar and his men, was blown up into pieces in an IED blast while they were inspecting Balad post, nearly 45 km southwest of Jammu.
The BSF team was trying to verify details of a reported infiltration bid from Pakistan. One of the three BSF troopers injured in the blast is said to be in critical condition.
More details regarding the IED attack on BSF team and causalities are still awaited.
The incident occurred at a time when a fierce gunbattle is on between militants and security forces in Pulwama district of South Kashmir.
As of now, the security forces have killed at least one militant in the ongoing encounter.
Some militants are still believed to be holed up in a nearby house.
Acting on a tip off, police assisted by security forces cordoned off Sangesuuni village, 40 kms from here, to flush out some militants owing allegiance to Hizbul Mujahideen outfit, a police spokesman has informed.
The operation took place after the militants opened fire on the joint search party following which they retaliated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi