BSF foils infiltration bid in Jammu
Jammu: BSF on Sunday foiled an infiltration bid along the International Border in Arnia sector of this district in Jammu and Kashmir and found heroin worth Rs 10 crore in the international market.
Alert troops of Border Security Force noticed suspicious movement on the border at midnight, a BSF spokesman said.
The troops saw two persons trying to throw something over the border fence from Pakistan side, he said, adding that they immediately alerted the adjoining nakas and fired on the suspicious persons.
The alleged intruders then fled towards Pakistan, taking advantage of thick growth of sarkanda and dense vegetation, he said.
At the first light, the whole area was thoroughly searched by the BSF troops, during which two packets, weighing approximately one kg each, were recovered, he said.
After testing, the recovered substance was found to be heroin, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing