BSF foils infiltration bid in Jammu
Jammu: BSF on Sunday foiled an infiltration bid along the International Border in Arnia sector of this district in Jammu and Kashmir and found heroin worth Rs 10 crore in the international market.
Alert troops of Border Security Force noticed suspicious movement on the border at midnight, a BSF spokesman said.
The troops saw two persons trying to throw something over the border fence from Pakistan side, he said, adding that they immediately alerted the adjoining nakas and fired on the suspicious persons.
The alleged intruders then fled towards Pakistan, taking advantage of thick growth of sarkanda and dense vegetation, he said.
At the first light, the whole area was thoroughly searched by the BSF troops, during which two packets, weighing approximately one kg each, were recovered, he said.
After testing, the recovered substance was found to be heroin, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional