BSF foils infiltration bid in Jammu
Jammu: BSF on Sunday foiled an infiltration bid along the International Border in Arnia sector of this district in Jammu and Kashmir and found heroin worth Rs 10 crore in the international market.
Alert troops of Border Security Force noticed suspicious movement on the border at midnight, a BSF spokesman said.
The troops saw two persons trying to throw something over the border fence from Pakistan side, he said, adding that they immediately alerted the adjoining nakas and fired on the suspicious persons.
The alleged intruders then fled towards Pakistan, taking advantage of thick growth of sarkanda and dense vegetation, he said.
At the first light, the whole area was thoroughly searched by the BSF troops, during which two packets, weighing approximately one kg each, were recovered, he said.
After testing, the recovered substance was found to be heroin, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- After a decade in international cricket, patient Liam Plunkett proud of 50-wicket landmark
- Watch: ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016’ RD Burman special- Asha Bhosle gets nostalgic
- It'll be cool to have 'Charlie's Angels' in India: Anushka Sharma
- Punjab Health Minister says,"Only 2% drug addicts in 10 districts of state"
- CBSE to conduct Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on Sept 18