BSF jawan injured in sniper fire airlifted to Delhi
Jammu: The BSF jawan injured in firing Sunday by Pakistan forces at a forward post in Jammu has been airlifted to New Delhi for specialised treatment, an officer said here on Monday.
Pawan Kumar, who was injured in sniper fire from the Pakistani side at the Alfa Machial Border Out Post area in Jammu was moved on a special BSF aircraft to New Delhi, where he has been admitted at AIIMS, the officer added.
A bullet had pierced his chest and broken his spinal cord, resulting in paralysis in his legs, said the doctors who had initially attended to him at GMC Hospital here.
Another BSF jawan, Head Constable Ram Niwas Meena, succumbed to a bullet wound yesterday at AIIMS where he was airlifted for treatment after being injured in a sniper strike on August 5 in the Narainpur area of Samba district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof