BSF jawan injured in sniper fire airlifted to Delhi
Jammu: The BSF jawan injured in firing Sunday by Pakistan forces at a forward post in Jammu has been airlifted to New Delhi for specialised treatment, an officer said here on Monday.
Pawan Kumar, who was injured in sniper fire from the Pakistani side at the Alfa Machial Border Out Post area in Jammu was moved on a special BSF aircraft to New Delhi, where he has been admitted at AIIMS, the officer added.
A bullet had pierced his chest and broken his spinal cord, resulting in paralysis in his legs, said the doctors who had initially attended to him at GMC Hospital here.
Another BSF jawan, Head Constable Ram Niwas Meena, succumbed to a bullet wound yesterday at AIIMS where he was airlifted for treatment after being injured in a sniper strike on August 5 in the Narainpur area of Samba district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners