BSF lodges protests with Pak over firing along border
Jammu: BSF on Friday lodged a strong protest with Pakistan Rangers against heavy firing along the Indo-Pak border here on Wednesday.
An Assistant Commandant-level flag meeting was held at a border outpost and a strong protest was lodged with Pakistan`s border guarding force, BSF officials said.
The flag meeting was represented by BSF Assistant Commandant AK Khajuria and his Pakistan counterpart Commander Mohammad Gul.
The Pakistani side said they were unaware of any firing from their side and blamed militants in case there was any such incident.
BSF authorities, however, asked them to maintain sanctity of the ceasefire.
BSF troops foiled an infiltration attempt by militants under the cover of firing from Pakistan along the border on Tuesday night resulting in the ceasefire violation in which
one BSF jawan was injured.
Wednesday`s firing was the ninth such violation by Pakistan troops in the past three weeks, in which two BSF jawans have been killed.
The jawans were killed in separate incidents, both in Chak Phagwari forward belt along the Indo-Pak Border here, early this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Iulia Vantur celebrated her birthday with this Bollywood celebrity – Pics inside
- Tour de France 2016: After third title, Chris Froome focuses on Rio Olympics 2016
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned today
- Journalists visa row: There'll be 'serious consequences', China warns India
- Protests over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew in south Kashmir to prevent separatist called march