BSF lodges protests with Pak over firing along border
Jammu: BSF on Friday lodged a strong protest with Pakistan Rangers against heavy firing along the Indo-Pak border here on Wednesday.
An Assistant Commandant-level flag meeting was held at a border outpost and a strong protest was lodged with Pakistan`s border guarding force, BSF officials said.
The flag meeting was represented by BSF Assistant Commandant AK Khajuria and his Pakistan counterpart Commander Mohammad Gul.
The Pakistani side said they were unaware of any firing from their side and blamed militants in case there was any such incident.
BSF authorities, however, asked them to maintain sanctity of the ceasefire.
BSF troops foiled an infiltration attempt by militants under the cover of firing from Pakistan along the border on Tuesday night resulting in the ceasefire violation in which
one BSF jawan was injured.
Wednesday`s firing was the ninth such violation by Pakistan troops in the past three weeks, in which two BSF jawans have been killed.
The jawans were killed in separate incidents, both in Chak Phagwari forward belt along the Indo-Pak Border here, early this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh