BSF lodges protests with Pak over firing along border
Jammu: BSF on Friday lodged a strong protest with Pakistan Rangers against heavy firing along the Indo-Pak border here on Wednesday.
An Assistant Commandant-level flag meeting was held at a border outpost and a strong protest was lodged with Pakistan`s border guarding force, BSF officials said.
The flag meeting was represented by BSF Assistant Commandant AK Khajuria and his Pakistan counterpart Commander Mohammad Gul.
The Pakistani side said they were unaware of any firing from their side and blamed militants in case there was any such incident.
BSF authorities, however, asked them to maintain sanctity of the ceasefire.
BSF troops foiled an infiltration attempt by militants under the cover of firing from Pakistan along the border on Tuesday night resulting in the ceasefire violation in which
one BSF jawan was injured.
Wednesday`s firing was the ninth such violation by Pakistan troops in the past three weeks, in which two BSF jawans have been killed.
The jawans were killed in separate incidents, both in Chak Phagwari forward belt along the Indo-Pak Border here, early this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works