BSF lodges strong protest with Pakistan Rangers over ceasefire violations
Zee Media Bureau
Jammu: The Border Security Force on Tuesday lodged a strong protest with its counterpart Pakistan Rangers over repeated ceasefire violations, shelling on civilian areas along the International Border.
The flag meeting was held in RS Pura sector of the International Border in Jammu district.
The Home Ministry had asked the Border Security Force to try to hold a flag meeting with Pakistan Rangers as soon as possible to reduce tension along the border in Jammu and Kashmir where heavy exchange of fire has led to killing of two persons and injury to over two dozen others since last week.
At the same time, highly-placed sources said, the border guarding force has been given direction to retaliate with equal measure any unprovoked firing from across the border.
There have been two attempts by the BSF to hold flag meetings with the Pakistan Rangers this month -- on October 18 and October 20 -- but on the both occasions, the border guarding force of Pakistan did not turn up.
Firing from across the border has become a matter of concern for the government and steps are being taken to evacuate villagers living close to the border to safety till the tension continues, sources said.
The BSF has been asked to ensure that there was minimum inconvenience to border population during the skirmishes.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy