BSF officer injured in firing from across border
Jammu: In a ceasefire violation, a BSF officer was on Thursday injured in sniper firing from across the Indo-Pak border in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir.
There was sniper firing from across the International Border (IB) on a forward border post in Kathua district around 1300 hours, a BSF officer told a news agency.
BSF Sub-Inspector Jatinder was injured in the firing, he said, adding he was immediately shifted to Government Medical College Hospital here.
However, the officer is out of danger, he said, adding it was a ceasefire violation from across the border.
Troops guarding the borderline took positions and fired back, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore