BSF officer injured in firing from across border
Jammu: In a ceasefire violation, a BSF officer was on Thursday injured in sniper firing from across the Indo-Pak border in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir.
There was sniper firing from across the International Border (IB) on a forward border post in Kathua district around 1300 hours, a BSF officer told a news agency.
BSF Sub-Inspector Jatinder was injured in the firing, he said, adding he was immediately shifted to Government Medical College Hospital here.
However, the officer is out of danger, he said, adding it was a ceasefire violation from across the border.
Troops guarding the borderline took positions and fired back, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Lucky escape for Goa mayor, six others as boat capsizes
- Land grab accused Asha Kumari appointed AICC in-charge of Punjab, triggers row
- 'Bank mergers likely to happen after SBI consolidation'
- After Dutee Chand, sprinter Srabani Nanda qualifies for Rio Olympics
- FSSAI frames safety standards for alcoholic drinks