BSF officer injured in firing from across border
Jammu: In a ceasefire violation, a BSF officer was on Thursday injured in sniper firing from across the Indo-Pak border in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir.
There was sniper firing from across the International Border (IB) on a forward border post in Kathua district around 1300 hours, a BSF officer told a news agency.
BSF Sub-Inspector Jatinder was injured in the firing, he said, adding he was immediately shifted to Government Medical College Hospital here.
However, the officer is out of danger, he said, adding it was a ceasefire violation from across the border.
Troops guarding the borderline took positions and fired back, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram