BSF officer injured in firing from across border
Jammu: In a ceasefire violation, a BSF officer was on Thursday injured in sniper firing from across the Indo-Pak border in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir.
There was sniper firing from across the International Border (IB) on a forward border post in Kathua district around 1300 hours, a BSF officer told a news agency.
BSF Sub-Inspector Jatinder was injured in the firing, he said, adding he was immediately shifted to Government Medical College Hospital here.
However, the officer is out of danger, he said, adding it was a ceasefire violation from across the border.
Troops guarding the borderline took positions and fired back, he said.
- The dew drop of Saturn – See pic!
- LeEco to launch Made in India phone in its event today?
- Ahead of PM Modi's US visit, USCIRF report says 'intolerance has risen in India'
- Gold price eyes $1,300 again as weaker dollar, fund inflows support
- Kerala law student raped, murdered at home: Read chilling details of post-mortem report here