BSF, Pak Rangers hold flag meeting
Jammu: In the backdrop of ceasefire
violations by Pakistan, BSF held a flag meeting with Pakistani
rangers and raised the issue of various infiltration attempts
and cross border firing along the international border in the
last six months.
The meeting was held along the Indo-Pak border at
Octroi border outpost, 40 kms from here, last evening.
Besides the issue of cross-border firing along the
border in Jammu, Samba and Kathua sectors of Jammu frontier,
the BSF took up the killing of its Deputy Inspector General
(DIG) O P Tanwar in an IED planted by militants and attacks
on various border outposts.
Pak Rangers denied their involvement in the incidents
in the meeting, which was held for nearly one and half hour.
BSF authorities warned that there should be no such
incidents in the future, failing which they will be forced to
take strong action.
At the meeting, the BSF side was represented by DIG
Vasudev of Indreswar Nagar sector and DIG J P Sangwan, while
Brigadier Masood, Lt Commandant Abdul Khalid, Major Karim,
Major Sayeed and Intelligence officer Zulfikar represented Pak
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...