BSF seeks flag-meeting with Pak for Sohan, suspends 4 jawans
Jammu: Border Security Force (BSF) has sought a flag-meeting with Pakistani Rangers for return of a civilian who had inadvertently crossed into other side a few days ago in Jammu district, and suspended four jawans posted at border outpost for dereliction of duty.
"We have sought the flag-meeting with Pakistani counterparts for return of civilian Sohan Lal of Nai Basti area, who had inadvertently crossed into other side a few days ago," a senior BSF officer told.
Lal is not mentally fit and has taken benefit of negligence of BSF jawans at the gate and crossed through it and later while roaming around Zeroline inadvertently went across, he said.
For the dereliction of duty, four jawans posted there have been suspended and an inquiry being held, the officer said.
The Pakistani authorities yesterday claimed to have arrested an Indian man from Jammu and Kashmir near the border in Punjab province.
According to a Punjab Rangers spokesperson, 36-year-old Sohan Lal was arrested while he was trying to cross into Pakistan from India in the border area of Kujial Sialkot in Sialkot district, about 90 kilometres from Lahore on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla