BSF sets up Human Rights Cell in J&K
Srinagar: The Border Security Force (BSF)
Kashmir Frontier has established a human rights cell in the Valley with an aim to sensitise its personnel about human rights.
"A human rights cell headed by Deputy Commandant KS Rawat has been established in BSF Kashmir frontier," a
spokesperson of the BSF said Thursday.
He said besides sensitising the personnel about the
importance of human rights and upholding these rights, the
cell will also take steps to prevent occurrences of Human
"It will also inquire into any incidents or allegations
of human rights violations," the spokesperson said adding the
cell will also monitor the progress of cases referred to by
National Human Rights Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections