BSF sets up Human Rights Cell in J&K
Srinagar: The Border Security Force (BSF)
Kashmir Frontier has established a human rights cell in the Valley with an aim to sensitise its personnel about human rights.
"A human rights cell headed by Deputy Commandant KS Rawat has been established in BSF Kashmir frontier," a
spokesperson of the BSF said Thursday.
He said besides sensitising the personnel about the
importance of human rights and upholding these rights, the
cell will also take steps to prevent occurrences of Human
"It will also inquire into any incidents or allegations
of human rights violations," the spokesperson said adding the
cell will also monitor the progress of cases referred to by
National Human Rights Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?