Buddha Amarnath yatra to commence from August 1
Jammu: Annual pilgrimage to Himalayan shrine of Buddha Amarnath in Mandi hills of Poonch district will begin from August 1 amid tight security.
Ten-day long Buddha Amarnath Yatra in Poonch district will commence here from August 1, an official spokesman said.
In this direction, Divisional Commissioner, Jammu, Shantamanu, chaired a meeting of district level officers to review arrangements for smooth conduct of Buddha Amarnath Yatra.
Shantamanu took stock of arrangements with regard to adequate availability of essentials including rice, atta, sugar and LPG cylinders besides medicare facilities, uninterrupted power supply and clean drinking water facilities.
Reviewing the preparations, he asked the administration to make elaborate arrangements for reception of the pilgrims besides taking care of security, accommodation, sanitation and traffic regulation for smooth movement of the yatra.
He also instructed the municipal council to maintain cleanliness in and around the places where yatris will stay so that the visitors may not face any inconvenience.
The fire and emergency Department was directed to set up fire tenders at all the halting stations enroute the Holy Place. The food safety department was instructed to keep a check on food adulteration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate