Buddha Amarnath yatra to commence from July 19
Jammu: The annual pilgrimage to holy shrine of Buddha Amarnath in the border district of Poonch in Jammu and Kashmir will commence from July 19 this year.
"The annual Buddha Amarnath yatra will commence from July 19 from Jammu. The first batch of pilgrims will leave for Poonch on the same day," Deputy Commissioner, Poonch, Sayeed Anwar Hussain said today.
`Chhari Mubarak`, the holy mace of Lord Shiva, will be taken from Shree Dashami Akhara Mandir Poonch towards Himalayan shrine in Mandi Tehsil of Poonch district, starting July 31.
This marks the ritualistic start of the Amarnath pilgrimage which would culminate on August 2 on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
About 1.5 lakh pilgrims visited the holy shrine last year.
In this regard, the district administration has reviewed the Buddha Amarnath yatra arrangements.
Various committees and control rooms were constituted to maintain close liaisons with district administration and committee members during elaborate discussions with regard to smooth conduct the Budda Amarnath yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai