Cabinet expansion after panchayat polls in J&K: Soz
Udhampur: A Cabinet expansion is on the
cards in J&K after the conclusion of panchayat polls,
JKPCC chief Saif-uddin Soz said here on Sunday.
"After panchayat elections conclude, expansion and
reshuffle would take place in Jammu and Kashmir," Soz told
reporters here today.
He was replying to questions on filling the two
vacancies of Congress in the Omar Abdullah government.
Jammu and Kashmir is having 16-phase panchayat polls
which began on April 13 and will conclude by May end.
Soz had earlier said that Cabinet expansion will take
place after the Legislative Council polls in Jammu and Kashmir
on April 13.
Soz later met Jammu and Kashmir governor NN Vohra at
Raj Bhawan last evening,
Soz said he discussed matters of public interest with
Hailing the impressive turnout in the panchayat
polls, the Congress MP said, "The people have negated
separatists and Hurriyat`s calls for boycott of panchayat
polls in the Valley.
"The people have come in large number to vote for
development and basic amenities at the grass root level," Soz
said, adding that this would strengthen democracy.
Addressing a Congress rally at Udhampur town, the PCC
chief said that the large voter turnout is an encouraging
trend and asked people to elect honest and capable people.
He hinted that elections to the local bodies would
also be held soon and asked partymen and people to gear up for
He favored necessary amendment in the laws to ensure
transparency and check malpractices in election process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers