Cabinet expansion after panchayat polls in J&K: Soz
Udhampur: A Cabinet expansion is on the
cards in J&K after the conclusion of panchayat polls,
JKPCC chief Saif-uddin Soz said here on Sunday.
"After panchayat elections conclude, expansion and
reshuffle would take place in Jammu and Kashmir," Soz told
reporters here today.
He was replying to questions on filling the two
vacancies of Congress in the Omar Abdullah government.
Jammu and Kashmir is having 16-phase panchayat polls
which began on April 13 and will conclude by May end.
Soz had earlier said that Cabinet expansion will take
place after the Legislative Council polls in Jammu and Kashmir
on April 13.
Soz later met Jammu and Kashmir governor NN Vohra at
Raj Bhawan last evening,
Soz said he discussed matters of public interest with
Hailing the impressive turnout in the panchayat
polls, the Congress MP said, "The people have negated
separatists and Hurriyat`s calls for boycott of panchayat
polls in the Valley.
"The people have come in large number to vote for
development and basic amenities at the grass root level," Soz
said, adding that this would strengthen democracy.
Addressing a Congress rally at Udhampur town, the PCC
chief said that the large voter turnout is an encouraging
trend and asked people to elect honest and capable people.
He hinted that elections to the local bodies would
also be held soon and asked partymen and people to gear up for
He favored necessary amendment in the laws to ensure
transparency and check malpractices in election process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad