Cabinet expansion after panchayat polls in J&K: Soz
Udhampur: A Cabinet expansion is on the
cards in J&K after the conclusion of panchayat polls,
JKPCC chief Saif-uddin Soz said here on Sunday.
"After panchayat elections conclude, expansion and
reshuffle would take place in Jammu and Kashmir," Soz told
reporters here today.
He was replying to questions on filling the two
vacancies of Congress in the Omar Abdullah government.
Jammu and Kashmir is having 16-phase panchayat polls
which began on April 13 and will conclude by May end.
Soz had earlier said that Cabinet expansion will take
place after the Legislative Council polls in Jammu and Kashmir
on April 13.
Soz later met Jammu and Kashmir governor NN Vohra at
Raj Bhawan last evening,
Soz said he discussed matters of public interest with
Hailing the impressive turnout in the panchayat
polls, the Congress MP said, "The people have negated
separatists and Hurriyat`s calls for boycott of panchayat
polls in the Valley.
"The people have come in large number to vote for
development and basic amenities at the grass root level," Soz
said, adding that this would strengthen democracy.
Addressing a Congress rally at Udhampur town, the PCC
chief said that the large voter turnout is an encouraging
trend and asked people to elect honest and capable people.
He hinted that elections to the local bodies would
also be held soon and asked partymen and people to gear up for
He favored necessary amendment in the laws to ensure
transparency and check malpractices in election process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!