`Cabinet expansion in J&K after Council elections on April 13`
Jammu: Maintaining that there is no delay in
the cabinet expansion to fill the vacant ministerial berths in
Jammu and Kashmir, Congress state chief Saifuddin Soz on Sunday
said that the process is expected to take place after polls to
Legislative Council on April 13.
"The expansion is expected to take place any time after
the elections of Legislative Council on April 13," Soz told
reporters at a function in Jammu.
We have two ministerial seats and one for National
Conference, the state Pradesh Congress Committee (JKPCC)
Soz said that government will be seek approval of the
J&K Election Authority for the reshuffle. He, however, said
that there is no delay in the reshuffle and Congress is always
ready for it.
Ruling out any differences with its coalition partner
over seat sharing in the Legislative Council polls, he said
"the coalition has no differences. We have total unanimity and
have arrived at consensus to contest five seats in elections
to Legislative Council."
Rejecting media report of differences between NC and
Congress, Soz said his party has withdrawn its candidates from
the two seats from Kashmir.
He expressed confidence that the coalition will take
"five out of six seats, while one seat is likely to go to
While the NC will contest in three seats, Congress will
contest in two, he said, adding that,"we have given one more
seat to the NC with full consensus and unanimity between the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate