`Cabinet expansion in J&K after Council elections on April 13`
Jammu: Maintaining that there is no delay in
the cabinet expansion to fill the vacant ministerial berths in
Jammu and Kashmir, Congress state chief Saifuddin Soz on Sunday
said that the process is expected to take place after polls to
Legislative Council on April 13.
"The expansion is expected to take place any time after
the elections of Legislative Council on April 13," Soz told
reporters at a function in Jammu.
We have two ministerial seats and one for National
Conference, the state Pradesh Congress Committee (JKPCC)
Soz said that government will be seek approval of the
J&K Election Authority for the reshuffle. He, however, said
that there is no delay in the reshuffle and Congress is always
ready for it.
Ruling out any differences with its coalition partner
over seat sharing in the Legislative Council polls, he said
"the coalition has no differences. We have total unanimity and
have arrived at consensus to contest five seats in elections
to Legislative Council."
Rejecting media report of differences between NC and
Congress, Soz said his party has withdrawn its candidates from
the two seats from Kashmir.
He expressed confidence that the coalition will take
"five out of six seats, while one seat is likely to go to
While the NC will contest in three seats, Congress will
contest in two, he said, adding that,"we have given one more
seat to the NC with full consensus and unanimity between the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested