Cabinet nod for re-structuring of J&K Settlement Operations
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday accorded approval for re-organisation and re-structuring of the institution of Settlement Operations in the state.
The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
"As per the decision, a combined Settlement (Preparation and Upgradation of Records) and Land Records (Maintenance of Records) in one organisation would be designated as Survey and Land Records. Accordingly, the post of Settlement Commissioner has been re-designated as Commissioner Survey and Land Records Jammu and Kashmir (Ex-officio Settlement Commissioner)," a spokesman said.
He said the Cabinet also created nine settlement divisions for the purpose to be headed by Regional Directors, Survey and Land Records.
"The cabinet also re-designated the post of one Joint Settlement Commissioner, two Joint Agrarian Reforms Commissioners, two Director Land Records and two Settlement Officers as Regional Directors, Survey and Land Records," the spokesman said.
He said the functions of proposed Regional Director, Survey and Land Records (Ex-officio Settlement Officer) in the first instance in Leh and Kargil districts were assigned to respective Additional Deputy Commissioners in addition to their own duties.
The Cabinet also approved construction of balance part of Ravi Canal upstream Basantpur village (Ranjit Sagar Dam) at Satwain in Kathua district of Jammu at a cost of Rs 275.14 crores and utilisation of 10 per cent of the water usage charges for the purpose, the spokesman said.
He said the Cabinet also accorded approval to the allotment of additional 80 Kanals (four Hectares) of land for construction of National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) at Industrial Estate Ompura in central Kashmir`s Budgam district.
The Cabinet directed the concerned Department to pursue the matter of reserving 50 per cent of seats in the NIFT for students belonging to the state, he said.
The Cabinet also accorded approval to the award of contract to M/S Costal Project Limited for the construction of 48 MW Lower Kalnai Hydro Electric Project at an EPC cost of Rs 396 crores as per the terms and conditions of NIT, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- CBSE XII Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared tomorrow