Cache of arms and ammunition recovered in Budgam district
Srinagar: A cache of arms and ammunition, including 11 grenades, were on Tuesday recovered by police in Budgam district of central Kashmir, officials said.
Acting on a tip off, police assisted by troops of 53 Rashtriya Rifles and 181st battalion of CRPF launched a search operation at village Kerpora-Shankerpora in Chrar-e-Sharief area, the officials said.
The search parties recovered an AK assault rifle, 10 rounds, six hand grenades and five Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL) grenades, they said.
The arms and ammunition were hidden by suspected militants behind some bushes in the village, the officials said.
They said no one was arrested during the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad