Cache of arms and ammunition recovered in Budgam district
Srinagar: A cache of arms and ammunition, including 11 grenades, were on Tuesday recovered by police in Budgam district of central Kashmir, officials said.
Acting on a tip off, police assisted by troops of 53 Rashtriya Rifles and 181st battalion of CRPF launched a search operation at village Kerpora-Shankerpora in Chrar-e-Sharief area, the officials said.
The search parties recovered an AK assault rifle, 10 rounds, six hand grenades and five Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL) grenades, they said.
The arms and ammunition were hidden by suspected militants behind some bushes in the village, the officials said.
They said no one was arrested during the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH