Cache of arms and ammunition recovered in Budgam district
Srinagar: A cache of arms and ammunition, including 11 grenades, were on Tuesday recovered by police in Budgam district of central Kashmir, officials said.
Acting on a tip off, police assisted by troops of 53 Rashtriya Rifles and 181st battalion of CRPF launched a search operation at village Kerpora-Shankerpora in Chrar-e-Sharief area, the officials said.
The search parties recovered an AK assault rifle, 10 rounds, six hand grenades and five Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL) grenades, they said.
The arms and ammunition were hidden by suspected militants behind some bushes in the village, the officials said.
They said no one was arrested during the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt