‘Call all-party meeting on reorganisation of J&K’
Jammu: Batting strongly for
reorganisation of the state, Jammu and Kashmir National
Panthers Party today urged the Prime Minister to call an
all-party meeting to take a decision on the issue.
Under the reorganisation plan, JKNPP Chairman Bhim
Singh said that there would be separate legislatures, budgets,
planning wings, administrative and financial units each for
Jammu, Ladakh and Kashmir.
"We urge the Prime Minister to call an urgent meeting
of all political parties operating in Jammu and Kashmir to
take hard decisions on the issues relating to the state so
that peace returns," he told reporters here.
He said that there is a need to connect Kishtwar and
Poonch and other neglected areas of Jammu region by rail.
There is also a need to develop tourist resort in
Kishtwar, Bhadarwah, Seoj Dhar, Panchari, Budda Amarnath,
Kotrunka, he said.
To provide work and job to thousands of unemployed
youth there lies a need for industrialisation in the state, he
He said that movement across the LoC should be made
obligatory by the use of passport without visa which is the
only solution to make the LOC irrelevant.
A special meeting of the several political groups and
members of the civil society held in Jammu has resolved to
constitute a "Reorganisation Coordination Committee" which
will supervise and implement the programme. The committee
shall be announced in the few days, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery