‘Call all-party meeting on reorganisation of J&K’
Jammu: Batting strongly for
reorganisation of the state, Jammu and Kashmir National
Panthers Party today urged the Prime Minister to call an
all-party meeting to take a decision on the issue.
Under the reorganisation plan, JKNPP Chairman Bhim
Singh said that there would be separate legislatures, budgets,
planning wings, administrative and financial units each for
Jammu, Ladakh and Kashmir.
"We urge the Prime Minister to call an urgent meeting
of all political parties operating in Jammu and Kashmir to
take hard decisions on the issues relating to the state so
that peace returns," he told reporters here.
He said that there is a need to connect Kishtwar and
Poonch and other neglected areas of Jammu region by rail.
There is also a need to develop tourist resort in
Kishtwar, Bhadarwah, Seoj Dhar, Panchari, Budda Amarnath,
Kotrunka, he said.
To provide work and job to thousands of unemployed
youth there lies a need for industrialisation in the state, he
He said that movement across the LoC should be made
obligatory by the use of passport without visa which is the
only solution to make the LOC irrelevant.
A special meeting of the several political groups and
members of the civil society held in Jammu has resolved to
constitute a "Reorganisation Coordination Committee" which
will supervise and implement the programme. The committee
shall be announced in the few days, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters