Call fresh elections in Kashmir: JKNPP
Jammu: Jammu & Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) has asked Governor N.N. Vohra to dissolve the State Assembly and call for fresh elections, accusing the National Conference-led government of undermining national interest.
JKNPP chairman Bhim Singh, whose party was part of the PDP-Congress coalition government from 2002-2008, told a news conference here Tuesday that "dissolution of the assembly and fresh elections were the only option to save democracy and national interest in the state".
"The state government is working against the interests of the people as corruption during the current regime has crossed all limits, and frustrated youth are on the streets protesting against the wrong policies of the government," Singh alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam