Call fresh elections in Kashmir: JKNPP
Jammu: Jammu & Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) has asked Governor N.N. Vohra to dissolve the State Assembly and call for fresh elections, accusing the National Conference-led government of undermining national interest.
JKNPP chairman Bhim Singh, whose party was part of the PDP-Congress coalition government from 2002-2008, told a news conference here Tuesday that "dissolution of the assembly and fresh elections were the only option to save democracy and national interest in the state".
"The state government is working against the interests of the people as corruption during the current regime has crossed all limits, and frustrated youth are on the streets protesting against the wrong policies of the government," Singh alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB