Call fresh elections in Kashmir: JKNPP
Jammu: Jammu & Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) has asked Governor N.N. Vohra to dissolve the State Assembly and call for fresh elections, accusing the National Conference-led government of undermining national interest.
JKNPP chairman Bhim Singh, whose party was part of the PDP-Congress coalition government from 2002-2008, told a news conference here Tuesday that "dissolution of the assembly and fresh elections were the only option to save democracy and national interest in the state".
"The state government is working against the interests of the people as corruption during the current regime has crossed all limits, and frustrated youth are on the streets protesting against the wrong policies of the government," Singh alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'