Call fresh elections in Kashmir: JKNPP
Jammu: Jammu & Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) has asked Governor N.N. Vohra to dissolve the State Assembly and call for fresh elections, accusing the National Conference-led government of undermining national interest.
JKNPP chairman Bhim Singh, whose party was part of the PDP-Congress coalition government from 2002-2008, told a news conference here Tuesday that "dissolution of the assembly and fresh elections were the only option to save democracy and national interest in the state".
"The state government is working against the interests of the people as corruption during the current regime has crossed all limits, and frustrated youth are on the streets protesting against the wrong policies of the government," Singh alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials