Campaign against unmarked graves: Mirwaiz to Anna
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat Conference
chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq today appealed to Anna Hazare and
his team to launch a campaign for seeking answers from the
government regarding the unmarked graves in Kashmir.
"We appeal to Anna Hazare, his team and civil society of
India to start a campaign for unraveling the truth behind the
unmarked graves in Kashmir," Mirwaiz said in his Eid sermon at
Eidgah prayer ground here.
"We have apprehensions that the persons who are buried in
unmarked graves are those who went missing from various places
in Kashmir," he said.
Mirwaiz claimed security agencies, including army and
police, had found "an easy way of dubbing innocent people as
militants from across (the LoC)."
"They add a prefix `Abu` to `Bhai` and pass the dead as
from Pakistan or Muzaffarabad," he alleged.
The Hurriyat chairman said the people of Kashmir had
lost faith in government agencies and demanded a probe by an
independent, impartial and international agency into the
"DNA tests should be carried out on all those buried in
unmarked graves across the state so that their identity can be
established," he added.
Mirwaiz said India and Pakistan need to focus their
attention on resolution of Kashmir issue during their talks.
"However, the leadership of Kashmiri people has to be
included in the dialogue process for finding a lasting
solution," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan