Campaign against unmarked graves: Mirwaiz to Anna
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat Conference
chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq today appealed to Anna Hazare and
his team to launch a campaign for seeking answers from the
government regarding the unmarked graves in Kashmir.
"We appeal to Anna Hazare, his team and civil society of
India to start a campaign for unraveling the truth behind the
unmarked graves in Kashmir," Mirwaiz said in his Eid sermon at
Eidgah prayer ground here.
"We have apprehensions that the persons who are buried in
unmarked graves are those who went missing from various places
in Kashmir," he said.
Mirwaiz claimed security agencies, including army and
police, had found "an easy way of dubbing innocent people as
militants from across (the LoC)."
"They add a prefix `Abu` to `Bhai` and pass the dead as
from Pakistan or Muzaffarabad," he alleged.
The Hurriyat chairman said the people of Kashmir had
lost faith in government agencies and demanded a probe by an
independent, impartial and international agency into the
"DNA tests should be carried out on all those buried in
unmarked graves across the state so that their identity can be
established," he added.
Mirwaiz said India and Pakistan need to focus their
attention on resolution of Kashmir issue during their talks.
"However, the leadership of Kashmiri people has to be
included in the dialogue process for finding a lasting
solution," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry