Campaign for J&K`s reorganisation
Jammu: A regional party in Jammu and Kashmir has decided to step up its campaign for the state`s reorganisation to meet the political and economic aspirations of the three regions as it feels regional discrimination is at its peak.
Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP), having three seats in the current state assembly and a protagonist of regional balance, Wednesday called for the reorganisation of the state - which relates to greater regional empowerment, especially to Jammu and Ladakh regions.
"Reorganisation of Jammu and Kashmir is on the top of agenda for 2012 to ensure justice, equity, equality and equitable legislative powers and development for all the three regions - Ladakh, Kashmir and Jammu," party chief Bhim Singh told reporters here.
He said the "positive side of reorganisation has been that Ladakhis fully supported the agenda, Kashmiri leaders never opposed it and people of Jammu have been fully supporting the cause".
"The core group of the party has decided to gear up the battle in support of reorganisation from the streets to the Supreme Court," the JKNPP chief said.
The party also urged Governor NN Vohra to dissolve the present assembly, impose a short spell of Governor`s rule in the state and hold fresh elections on the basis of reorganisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India