Canadian envoy meets JK Governor, Chief Minister
Srinagar: Canadian High Commissioner to India Stewart Beck on Monday discussed various issues related to revival of tourism, peace and development in Jammu and Kashmir in separate meetings with Governor NN Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
The envoy called on the Governor at Raj Bhavan here and had an hour-long meeting, during which they discussed various matters, particularly close ties between India and Canada and how it could be further strengthened, an official spokesman said.
Dwelling on progress achieved by the state in different arenas in the past few years, the Governor expressed hope to see joint ventures between the governments of Jammu and Kashmir and Canada materialising in near future, he said.
The spokesman said, Beck was accompanied by Head of Political and Economic Programme Johanne Forest.
The Canadian High Commissioner also called on the Chief Minister and discussed various matters of mutual interest, he said.
"Matters pertaining to revival of tourism, peace and economic development, besides initiatives taken by the state and the Centre for inclusive development in Jammu and Kashmir came up for discussion in the meeting," the spokesman said.
The High Commissioner was accompanied by Johanne Forest, Senior Analyst in the Privy Council Office at Ottawa, Jawad Qureshi and Senior Analyst of Political and Economic Programme of the High Commission of Canada, Madhsri Dass during the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks
- Bastille Day killer had help preparing Nice attack, says Paris prosecutor
- Another milestone for captain marvellous: Virat Kohli completes 3000 Test runs
- Brazil arrests 'amateur' group accused of Olympics terror plot
- Dreaded Maoist couple, three other ultras surrender in Odisha