Canadian envoy meets JK Governor, Chief Minister
Srinagar: Canadian High Commissioner to India Stewart Beck on Monday discussed various issues related to revival of tourism, peace and development in Jammu and Kashmir in separate meetings with Governor NN Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
The envoy called on the Governor at Raj Bhavan here and had an hour-long meeting, during which they discussed various matters, particularly close ties between India and Canada and how it could be further strengthened, an official spokesman said.
Dwelling on progress achieved by the state in different arenas in the past few years, the Governor expressed hope to see joint ventures between the governments of Jammu and Kashmir and Canada materialising in near future, he said.
The spokesman said, Beck was accompanied by Head of Political and Economic Programme Johanne Forest.
The Canadian High Commissioner also called on the Chief Minister and discussed various matters of mutual interest, he said.
"Matters pertaining to revival of tourism, peace and economic development, besides initiatives taken by the state and the Centre for inclusive development in Jammu and Kashmir came up for discussion in the meeting," the spokesman said.
The High Commissioner was accompanied by Johanne Forest, Senior Analyst in the Privy Council Office at Ottawa, Jawad Qureshi and Senior Analyst of Political and Economic Programme of the High Commission of Canada, Madhsri Dass during the meeting.
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag