Candle march in J&K to protest Gurgaon BMW deaths
Jammu: Relatives of Sanjay Gulati, who was killed in a hit-and-run BMW accident in Gurgaon on May 6, held a candle march with hundreds of supporters here, demanding a CBI probe into the matter.
"We demand justice for Sanjay Gulati and Kshama Chopra Shetye, victims of the the BMW hit-and-run case," Vaneeta Gulati, wife of Sanjay Gulati said, leading hundreds of supporters in the march carrying placards and candles.
She demanded a CBI probe into the matter and alleged that the police was showing a lenient approach to the case.
"We demand CBI probe and narco-test of the culprit Suraj Sherawat as police has shown very lenient approach right from the beginning of the case," she said.
She claimed the police were trying to cover-up for Suraj as they did not register the case earlier, and even after registering the case under pressure, they did not arrest him.
The agitated members of the Gulati family appealed to the government to expedite the investigation and punish the real culprit in the case.
They appealed to Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and Haryana Chief Minsiter Bhupinder Singh Hooda to intervene in the matter and provide justice to the families of the victims.
Chopra, who was pregnant, was killed along with Sanjay Gulati when they were returning home after a routine medical check near IFFCO chowk in Gurgaon on May 6, when a speeding BMW rammed into their Indigo car.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Research for 'Veerappan' took 15 years: Ram Gopal Varma
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'