Candle march in J&K to protest Gurgaon BMW deaths
Jammu: Relatives of Sanjay Gulati, who was killed in a hit-and-run BMW accident in Gurgaon on May 6, held a candle march with hundreds of supporters here, demanding a CBI probe into the matter.
"We demand justice for Sanjay Gulati and Kshama Chopra Shetye, victims of the the BMW hit-and-run case," Vaneeta Gulati, wife of Sanjay Gulati said, leading hundreds of supporters in the march carrying placards and candles.
She demanded a CBI probe into the matter and alleged that the police was showing a lenient approach to the case.
"We demand CBI probe and narco-test of the culprit Suraj Sherawat as police has shown very lenient approach right from the beginning of the case," she said.
She claimed the police were trying to cover-up for Suraj as they did not register the case earlier, and even after registering the case under pressure, they did not arrest him.
The agitated members of the Gulati family appealed to the government to expedite the investigation and punish the real culprit in the case.
They appealed to Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and Haryana Chief Minsiter Bhupinder Singh Hooda to intervene in the matter and provide justice to the families of the victims.
Chopra, who was pregnant, was killed along with Sanjay Gulati when they were returning home after a routine medical check near IFFCO chowk in Gurgaon on May 6, when a speeding BMW rammed into their Indigo car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read