`Can’t rule out involvement of criminals in terror`
Vessu (J&K): A top Army commander on Monday said involvement of "criminal elements" in militancy related violence cannot be ruled out.
"There have been two failed car bombing attempts at Army convoys and VIP vehicles in the Valley in last two months," General Officer Commanding of Srinagar based 15 Corps Lt Gen Syed Ata Hasnain told reporters here, 65-km from Srinagar.
On Friday evening, police detected a car fitted with multiple Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) on outskirts of the Srinagar city, Hasnain said.
"Militancy is neither on increase, nor decreasing, it is in a stable state," he said.
Lt Gen Hasnain said the involvement of "criminal elements in militancy related violence also cannot be ruled out."
Such militant attacks can only be prevented if the intelligence gathering is improved, General said while warning that "militants will continue to mount such attacks in the future."
There is lot of explosive material in the Valley. We are making recoveries, we will have to increase the intelligence (gathering) activity, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!