Captain among two armymen injured in accidental grenade blast
Jammu: Two Armymen, including a Captain, were injured in an accidental grenade blast during training in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A jawan lobbed a grenade which missed the intended target and blasted during firing practice of grenades at an Army training camp in Mendhar town of Poonch district last
evening, army official sources said.
Captain Atul Gokhale and Lance Naik DD Kadam of 27 Rashtriya Rifles sustained splinter injuries in the blast, they said.
The duo were admitted to the hospital and their condition was said to be out of danger, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt