Captain among two armymen injured in accidental grenade blast
Jammu: Two Armymen, including a Captain, were injured in an accidental grenade blast during training in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A jawan lobbed a grenade which missed the intended target and blasted during firing practice of grenades at an Army training camp in Mendhar town of Poonch district last
evening, army official sources said.
Captain Atul Gokhale and Lance Naik DD Kadam of 27 Rashtriya Rifles sustained splinter injuries in the blast, they said.
The duo were admitted to the hospital and their condition was said to be out of danger, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire