Captain among two armymen injured in accidental grenade blast
Jammu: Two Armymen, including a Captain, were injured in an accidental grenade blast during training in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A jawan lobbed a grenade which missed the intended target and blasted during firing practice of grenades at an Army training camp in Mendhar town of Poonch district last
evening, army official sources said.
Captain Atul Gokhale and Lance Naik DD Kadam of 27 Rashtriya Rifles sustained splinter injuries in the blast, they said.
The duo were admitted to the hospital and their condition was said to be out of danger, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday