Car-bomb explosion: Around 12 people interrogated
Jammu: Around 12 people, including some
shopkeepers, were on Tuesday interrogated in connection with the
car-bomb explosion in which one person was killed and 10
others injured in Jammu and Kashmir`s Udhampur district,
They were questioned about the car used in the explosion
and movement of suspected persons in the area before the
blast, they said.
Suspected militants yesterday triggered the explosion
through a remote control when the car of Major General D S
Pathania was passing through the bridge. Though the Army
officer escaped unhurt, the driver was injured and window
panes of the car were damaged.
According to preliminary investigations, RDX was used in
the explosion, however, a Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL)
team which has collected the samples from the spot of the
blast will give a final report in this connection, police
This is for the first time that a car bomb blast has
taken place in Jammu division.
Earlier in the day, five persons were detained in
connection with the blast. They were later released after
questioning, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US