Car-bomb explosion: Around 12 people interrogated
Jammu: Around 12 people, including some
shopkeepers, were on Tuesday interrogated in connection with the
car-bomb explosion in which one person was killed and 10
others injured in Jammu and Kashmir`s Udhampur district,
They were questioned about the car used in the explosion
and movement of suspected persons in the area before the
blast, they said.
Suspected militants yesterday triggered the explosion
through a remote control when the car of Major General D S
Pathania was passing through the bridge. Though the Army
officer escaped unhurt, the driver was injured and window
panes of the car were damaged.
According to preliminary investigations, RDX was used in
the explosion, however, a Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL)
team which has collected the samples from the spot of the
blast will give a final report in this connection, police
This is for the first time that a car bomb blast has
taken place in Jammu division.
Earlier in the day, five persons were detained in
connection with the blast. They were later released after
questioning, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III