`Cases of 1,015 displaced persons in dam project processed`
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government has processed cases of 1,015 displaced persons in the Thein Dam project and has provided appointments to 242 candidates.
Minister for PHE, Irrigation and Flood Control Sham Lal Sharma on Saturday informed the Assembly that Deputy Commissioner, Kathua has stated that the Collector Land Acquisition (Thein Dam Project) Basohli has processed cases of 1,015 displaced persons for appointment, till date.
The Minister was replying to a Calling Attention notice by Jagdish Raj Sapolia in the House.
As per information received from Ranjit Sagar Dam authorities, only 242 candidates have been appointed, he said.
According to the MoU signed between the government of Jammu and Kashmir and the Punjab government, 15 percent of the entire personnel required for construction and operation of the Thein Dam Project in all categories, shall be taken from Jammu and Kashmir cadres, subject to actual availability, Sharma said.
It has also been mentioned in the MoU to provide immediate employment opportunities to the displaced persons from the Thein Dam Project and preference shall be given to them in the Dam`s construction, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency