`Cases of 1,015 displaced persons in dam project processed`
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government has processed cases of 1,015 displaced persons in the Thein Dam project and has provided appointments to 242 candidates.
Minister for PHE, Irrigation and Flood Control Sham Lal Sharma on Saturday informed the Assembly that Deputy Commissioner, Kathua has stated that the Collector Land Acquisition (Thein Dam Project) Basohli has processed cases of 1,015 displaced persons for appointment, till date.
The Minister was replying to a Calling Attention notice by Jagdish Raj Sapolia in the House.
As per information received from Ranjit Sagar Dam authorities, only 242 candidates have been appointed, he said.
According to the MoU signed between the government of Jammu and Kashmir and the Punjab government, 15 percent of the entire personnel required for construction and operation of the Thein Dam Project in all categories, shall be taken from Jammu and Kashmir cadres, subject to actual availability, Sharma said.
It has also been mentioned in the MoU to provide immediate employment opportunities to the displaced persons from the Thein Dam Project and preference shall be given to them in the Dam`s construction, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!