`Cases of 1,015 displaced persons in dam project processed`
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government has processed cases of 1,015 displaced persons in the Thein Dam project and has provided appointments to 242 candidates.
Minister for PHE, Irrigation and Flood Control Sham Lal Sharma on Saturday informed the Assembly that Deputy Commissioner, Kathua has stated that the Collector Land Acquisition (Thein Dam Project) Basohli has processed cases of 1,015 displaced persons for appointment, till date.
The Minister was replying to a Calling Attention notice by Jagdish Raj Sapolia in the House.
As per information received from Ranjit Sagar Dam authorities, only 242 candidates have been appointed, he said.
According to the MoU signed between the government of Jammu and Kashmir and the Punjab government, 15 percent of the entire personnel required for construction and operation of the Thein Dam Project in all categories, shall be taken from Jammu and Kashmir cadres, subject to actual availability, Sharma said.
It has also been mentioned in the MoU to provide immediate employment opportunities to the displaced persons from the Thein Dam Project and preference shall be given to them in the Dam`s construction, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!