CCS likely to meet Wednesday after all-party meet on J&K
New Delhi: The Cabinet Committee on Security
is likely to meet again o Tuesday after the all-party meeting
on the situation in Jammu and Kashmir and the controversial
Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act.
Official sources said the Cabinet Committee on Security
(CCS) could be held in the evening and if political parties
want, an all-party delegation might also go to Jammu and
The all-party meet is scheduled for 11:30 in the morning,
a decision for which was taken after yesterday`s CCS
The CCS had met for three hours yesterday under the
chairmanship of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to review the
volatile situation in Kashmir and expressed distress over the
"turn of events" since Eid on Saturday.
The CCS had appealed to the people of Kashmir, especially
the youth, to refrain from violent protests as it expressed
grief over the loss of lives in the three-month-long unrest.
An official statement issued by the government after the
CCS meeting expressed readiness for talks to address
"trust-deficit" and "governance-deficit".
The CCS meeting had set off speculation that the
government could consider partial withdrawal of AFSPA as
demanded by Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India