Ceasefire violation by Pakistan Army in Poonch
Jammu: Pakistan troops targeted Indian posts by resorting to small arms firing along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir today in the fifth incident of ceasefire violation over the last nine days.
Pakistani troops opened small arms firing on Indian forward posts along the LoC in Krishnagati belt of Poonch sector around 1000 hours this morning, Public Relation Officer (PRO), Ministry of Defence (MoD), Col R K Palta told reporters here.
He said that the firing lasted for 15 minutes and the Indian side exercised restraint. However, no one was injured or no damage has been caused in the firing.
This is the fifth ceasefire violation and firing incident by Pakistani troops in past nine days in the Poonch sector. Two jawans, including one of BSF, were killed and four others injured in the firing by Pakistan troops in four ceasefire violations since June 11 to June 16 along the Loc in Poonch sector.
Pakistani troops resorted to four ceasefire violations and heavy firing incidents since June 11.
The Army has sent a hotline message to its Pakistan counterpart and called for a "Brigade commander" level flag meeting with them along Line of Control (LoC) over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption