Ceasefire violation by Pakistan Army in Poonch
Jammu: Pakistan troops targeted Indian posts by resorting to small arms firing along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir today in the fifth incident of ceasefire violation over the last nine days.
Pakistani troops opened small arms firing on Indian forward posts along the LoC in Krishnagati belt of Poonch sector around 1000 hours this morning, Public Relation Officer (PRO), Ministry of Defence (MoD), Col R K Palta told reporters here.
He said that the firing lasted for 15 minutes and the Indian side exercised restraint. However, no one was injured or no damage has been caused in the firing.
This is the fifth ceasefire violation and firing incident by Pakistani troops in past nine days in the Poonch sector. Two jawans, including one of BSF, were killed and four others injured in the firing by Pakistan troops in four ceasefire violations since June 11 to June 16 along the Loc in Poonch sector.
Pakistani troops resorted to four ceasefire violations and heavy firing incidents since June 11.
The Army has sent a hotline message to its Pakistan counterpart and called for a "Brigade commander" level flag meeting with them along Line of Control (LoC) over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged