Ceasefire violation: People asked to maintain calm
Jammu: In the wake of repeated violation of ceasefire by Pakistani troops along the Indo-Pak border, the Jammu and Kashmir government today appealed to the people to maintain calm and not leave their houses in border areas.
We appeal to the people living in border areas to maintain calm as the country`s valiant forces are capable of facing any challenge. They should not leave their villages," state Medical Education Minister R S Chib said after visiting the affected border areas in R S Pura sub-sector.
Condemning the recent ceasefire violations by the Pakistan Rangers along the border, Chib appreciated BSF for its twin role of guarding country`s borders and maintaining cordial relations with the people living there.
On the occasion, people informed the minister about various livelihood problems faced by them in the wake of a constant risk of cross-border firing.
They also demanded proper power supply and an ambulance service to help people in border areas cope with any emergency situation.
In repeated violation of ceasefire, Pakistan rangers last week resorted to unprovoked firing in the border areas of Abdullian, Chanduchak and Kalmarrian in which one BSF jawan was killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price