Udhampur: The Army on Thursday said there
has been increase in ceasefire violations and decrease in
infiltration bids this year along LoC, even as troops are more
alert to foil designs of militants from across the border.
"As against 28 ceasefire violations by Pakistani
troops last year, there were 43 ceasefire violations this
year," Northern Command Chief Lt Gen B S Jaswal told reporters
He said these violations were a part of designs to
push militants into the country.
Due to alertness of the troops, there was decrease in
infiltration attempts this year, he said, adding, as against
110 such attempts along the border with Pakistan last year, 92
infiltration bids were recorded this year.
On a question about the presence of militants in J&K,
he said 60 per cent of them were foreigners.
The post-winter strategy on counter infiltration
security grid along the border line has been put in place and
some more posts were set up on the newly-surveyed routes into
J&K from across the border, Gen Jaswal said.
About incursion bids along the border with China in
Ladakh region, he said there were no such attempts but 43
transgressions were reported from there this year.
To a question about China not granting him Visa, Gen
Jaswal said "I do not have any regret at all".
He termed the `Wikileaks` report on torture camps and
consultation centres in the Valley as idealism and said "my
aim is to ensure zero tolerance to human rights violation".
Referring to human rights violation, he said Army has
zero-tolerance policy towards such acts.
"I have a huge Army and faults do take place but
whosoever is responsible is punished and does not go scot
free," Gen Jaswal said.