Census helps justifiable fund allocations: J&K Home minister
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir home minister Nasir Aslam Wani on Wednesday said accurate census helps in justifiable fund allocations to various social strata.
"The accurate census helps in justifiable fund allocations in various social strata and bring holistic development of the state," Wani said here.
He inaugurated a two-day data dissemination workshop on housing, household amenities and assets, sanitation and condition of houses in JK, organised by Directorate of Census Operations, JK in collaboration with UNFPA and UNWOMEN here today.
He asked officers to benefit optimally from technical sessions being held during the training course.
"I am sure this workshop will enable Head of Department Academicians and data users to generate information which is specific to their departments," he said.
The minister said the state administration should use census data vigorously for their departmental plans. He highlighted the usefulness of census which has credibility and is acknowledged all over the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan