Census helps justifiable fund allocations: J&K Home minister
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir home minister Nasir Aslam Wani on Wednesday said accurate census helps in justifiable fund allocations to various social strata.
"The accurate census helps in justifiable fund allocations in various social strata and bring holistic development of the state," Wani said here.
He inaugurated a two-day data dissemination workshop on housing, household amenities and assets, sanitation and condition of houses in JK, organised by Directorate of Census Operations, JK in collaboration with UNFPA and UNWOMEN here today.
He asked officers to benefit optimally from technical sessions being held during the training course.
"I am sure this workshop will enable Head of Department Academicians and data users to generate information which is specific to their departments," he said.
The minister said the state administration should use census data vigorously for their departmental plans. He highlighted the usefulness of census which has credibility and is acknowledged all over the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown