Census helps justifiable fund allocations: J&K Home minister
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir home minister Nasir Aslam Wani on Wednesday said accurate census helps in justifiable fund allocations to various social strata.
"The accurate census helps in justifiable fund allocations in various social strata and bring holistic development of the state," Wani said here.
He inaugurated a two-day data dissemination workshop on housing, household amenities and assets, sanitation and condition of houses in JK, organised by Directorate of Census Operations, JK in collaboration with UNFPA and UNWOMEN here today.
He asked officers to benefit optimally from technical sessions being held during the training course.
"I am sure this workshop will enable Head of Department Academicians and data users to generate information which is specific to their departments," he said.
The minister said the state administration should use census data vigorously for their departmental plans. He highlighted the usefulness of census which has credibility and is acknowledged all over the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days