Census helps justifiable fund allocations: J&K Home minister
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir home minister Nasir Aslam Wani on Wednesday said accurate census helps in justifiable fund allocations to various social strata.
"The accurate census helps in justifiable fund allocations in various social strata and bring holistic development of the state," Wani said here.
He inaugurated a two-day data dissemination workshop on housing, household amenities and assets, sanitation and condition of houses in JK, organised by Directorate of Census Operations, JK in collaboration with UNFPA and UNWOMEN here today.
He asked officers to benefit optimally from technical sessions being held during the training course.
"I am sure this workshop will enable Head of Department Academicians and data users to generate information which is specific to their departments," he said.
The minister said the state administration should use census data vigorously for their departmental plans. He highlighted the usefulness of census which has credibility and is acknowledged all over the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- MDSU BSTC 2016 (bstcmdsu2016.com): Check Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University college allotment list 2016
- CBSE to conduct NEET-II on July 24
- BJP demands CBI enquiry into AAP leader Santosh Koli's death
- PCB: Shahryar Khan gets Nawaz Sharif's nod to continue as Chairman
- Clarify on 'talaaq' write-up in BJP journal: Shiv Sena to Devendra Fadnavis