Central team reviews development, security in J&K
Srinagar: A high-powered central team on Sunday reviewed development, employment opportunities and security
situation in Jammu and Kashmir with senior officials here.
Though Cabinet Secretary A K Seth was to lead the
40-member delegation of top bureaucrats from a dozen key
ministries and departments, he could not make it due to
In the absence of Seth, the delegation met state Chief
Secretary Madhav Lal and other officials.
It took stock of progress in implementation of Rs 2,000
crore job plan for 1.5 lakh youth in five years, which was
rolled out by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s Economic
Advisory Council headed by C Rangarajan in March.
The team will also review the security scenario in the
state with by top brass of army, paramilitary forces, police
and central and state intelligence agencies against the
backdrop of the recent attempts by Pakistan-based terror
groups to cross the LoC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok