Central team reviews development, security in J&K
Srinagar: A high-powered central team on Sunday reviewed development, employment opportunities and security
situation in Jammu and Kashmir with senior officials here.
Though Cabinet Secretary A K Seth was to lead the
40-member delegation of top bureaucrats from a dozen key
ministries and departments, he could not make it due to
In the absence of Seth, the delegation met state Chief
Secretary Madhav Lal and other officials.
It took stock of progress in implementation of Rs 2,000
crore job plan for 1.5 lakh youth in five years, which was
rolled out by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s Economic
Advisory Council headed by C Rangarajan in March.
The team will also review the security scenario in the
state with by top brass of army, paramilitary forces, police
and central and state intelligence agencies against the
backdrop of the recent attempts by Pakistan-based terror
groups to cross the LoC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast