Central team to review security scene in J&K
New Delhi: A 40-member high-powered team led by Cabinet Secretary Ajit Kumar Seth will go to Srinagar on Sunday to review development, employment opportunities and security situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
Seth, who will be accompanied by Union Home Secretary RK Singh, will take stock of progress made in implementation of Rs 2,000 crore job plan for the youth of the State, which was rolled out by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s Economic Advisory Council headed by C Rangarajan in March.
Besides Seth and Singh, the delegation will also include Defence Secretary Shashi Kant Sharma and top bureaucrats from a dozen of key ministries and departments.
Seth will chair a meeting in which security scenario prevailing in the state will be discussed. It will be attended by top brass of army, Central paramilitary forces, police and central and state Intelligence agencies.
The meeting will focus on the situation along Line of Control and the recent attempts by Pakistan-based terror groups and approach during the forthcoming winter months when the infiltrated militants may try and sneak into cities from higher reaches, sources said.
The other secretaries would be holding meeting with their respective departments to review the sector-wise development in the state.
After the security meeting, Seth will probe the progress made with regard to the Rs 2,000 crore job plan on the Rangarajan committee which had recommended that ways to make youth of the state employable and developing multi-pronged skill aimed at absorbing 150,000 youth in next five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof