Centre announces bravery award for Rukhsana
Mumbai: The Centre on Wednesday announced a bravery
award for 22-year-old Rukhsana, who killed a top LeT militant
in Jammu and Kashmir recently.
"I have complimented Rukhsana... she is a brave girl,"
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram told reporters here.
"She is being provided full security," he said, adding
"We will give her a bravery award".
Rukhsana Kausar, a young Kashmiri girl, became a
celebrity after she shot dead a dreaded LeT terrorist and
injured another at her residence in Rajouri district.
A group of terrorists had barged into Rukhsana`s house on
the night of September 27. She, along with her brother,
overpowered LeT`s Abu Osama, snatched his AK-47 and fired at
him, killing him on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone