Centre announces bravery award for Rukhsana
Mumbai: The Centre on Wednesday announced a bravery
award for 22-year-old Rukhsana, who killed a top LeT militant
in Jammu and Kashmir recently.
"I have complimented Rukhsana... she is a brave girl,"
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram told reporters here.
"She is being provided full security," he said, adding
"We will give her a bravery award".
Rukhsana Kausar, a young Kashmiri girl, became a
celebrity after she shot dead a dreaded LeT terrorist and
injured another at her residence in Rajouri district.
A group of terrorists had barged into Rukhsana`s house on
the night of September 27. She, along with her brother,
overpowered LeT`s Abu Osama, snatched his AK-47 and fired at
him, killing him on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics