Centre announces bravery award for Rukhsana
Mumbai: The Centre on Wednesday announced a bravery
award for 22-year-old Rukhsana, who killed a top LeT militant
in Jammu and Kashmir recently.
"I have complimented Rukhsana... she is a brave girl,"
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram told reporters here.
"She is being provided full security," he said, adding
"We will give her a bravery award".
Rukhsana Kausar, a young Kashmiri girl, became a
celebrity after she shot dead a dreaded LeT terrorist and
injured another at her residence in Rajouri district.
A group of terrorists had barged into Rukhsana`s house on
the night of September 27. She, along with her brother,
overpowered LeT`s Abu Osama, snatched his AK-47 and fired at
him, killing him on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!