Centre announces bravery award for Rukhsana
Mumbai: The Centre on Wednesday announced a bravery
award for 22-year-old Rukhsana, who killed a top LeT militant
in Jammu and Kashmir recently.
"I have complimented Rukhsana... she is a brave girl,"
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram told reporters here.
"She is being provided full security," he said, adding
"We will give her a bravery award".
Rukhsana Kausar, a young Kashmiri girl, became a
celebrity after she shot dead a dreaded LeT terrorist and
injured another at her residence in Rajouri district.
A group of terrorists had barged into Rukhsana`s house on
the night of September 27. She, along with her brother,
overpowered LeT`s Abu Osama, snatched his AK-47 and fired at
him, killing him on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report