Centre asks J&K to initiate projects promoting biotechnology
Srinagar: The Centre has asked Jammu and Kashmir Government to initiate plans and projects that will promote and upgrade biotechnology sector in the state.
"The project reports should be submitted for approval and sanction so that the department will perform its functioning smoothly and efficiently with financial support of the Central government," Union Secretary, Department of Biotechnology M K Bhan said while addressing dignitaries from various universities across the state.
Heads of various institutions in Jammu and Kashmir, Principals of government medical colleges and Directors of centrally-funded institutes were present in the meeting yesterday, an official spokesman said.
According to the spokesperson, a threadbare discussion was held regarding the promotion and setting up of biotechnology programmes and projects in the state for improving economy and providing ample opportunities to the stakeholders.
Bhan asked participants to work for the development of biotechnology research in the state and assured all the participants that the Department of Biotechnology would provide funds and other kinds of help to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days