Centre asks J&K to initiate projects promoting biotechnology
Srinagar: The Centre has asked Jammu and Kashmir Government to initiate plans and projects that will promote and upgrade biotechnology sector in the state.
"The project reports should be submitted for approval and sanction so that the department will perform its functioning smoothly and efficiently with financial support of the Central government," Union Secretary, Department of Biotechnology M K Bhan said while addressing dignitaries from various universities across the state.
Heads of various institutions in Jammu and Kashmir, Principals of government medical colleges and Directors of centrally-funded institutes were present in the meeting yesterday, an official spokesman said.
According to the spokesperson, a threadbare discussion was held regarding the promotion and setting up of biotechnology programmes and projects in the state for improving economy and providing ample opportunities to the stakeholders.
Bhan asked participants to work for the development of biotechnology research in the state and assured all the participants that the Department of Biotechnology would provide funds and other kinds of help to the state.
- This is why government unable to ink Rafale fighter jet deal!
- Parliament panel set to recommend Vijay Mallya's expulsion from Rajya Sabha
- Nirbhaya-like rape in Kerala: NHRC issues notice to state govt
- Delhi to observe mandatory summer vacation with effect from May 11
- Karnataka Chemistry paper leak: Alleged kingpin held