Centre asks J&K to initiate projects promoting biotechnology
Srinagar: The Centre has asked Jammu and Kashmir Government to initiate plans and projects that will promote and upgrade biotechnology sector in the state.
"The project reports should be submitted for approval and sanction so that the department will perform its functioning smoothly and efficiently with financial support of the Central government," Union Secretary, Department of Biotechnology M K Bhan said while addressing dignitaries from various universities across the state.
Heads of various institutions in Jammu and Kashmir, Principals of government medical colleges and Directors of centrally-funded institutes were present in the meeting yesterday, an official spokesman said.
According to the spokesperson, a threadbare discussion was held regarding the promotion and setting up of biotechnology programmes and projects in the state for improving economy and providing ample opportunities to the stakeholders.
Bhan asked participants to work for the development of biotechnology research in the state and assured all the participants that the Department of Biotechnology would provide funds and other kinds of help to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA