Centre asks J&K to initiate projects promoting biotechnology
Srinagar: The Centre has asked Jammu and Kashmir Government to initiate plans and projects that will promote and upgrade biotechnology sector in the state.
"The project reports should be submitted for approval and sanction so that the department will perform its functioning smoothly and efficiently with financial support of the Central government," Union Secretary, Department of Biotechnology M K Bhan said while addressing dignitaries from various universities across the state.
Heads of various institutions in Jammu and Kashmir, Principals of government medical colleges and Directors of centrally-funded institutes were present in the meeting yesterday, an official spokesman said.
According to the spokesperson, a threadbare discussion was held regarding the promotion and setting up of biotechnology programmes and projects in the state for improving economy and providing ample opportunities to the stakeholders.
Bhan asked participants to work for the development of biotechnology research in the state and assured all the participants that the Department of Biotechnology would provide funds and other kinds of help to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Watch: Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser trailer will leave you wanting more
- It's out! Kangana, Shahid and Saif Ali Khan's 'Rangoon' release date set!
- Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 1: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Lions - As it happened...
- Angelina Jolie to teach masters course at London School of Economics!
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in