Centre asks J&K to initiate projects promoting biotechnology
Srinagar: The Centre has asked Jammu and Kashmir Government to initiate plans and projects that will promote and upgrade biotechnology sector in the state.
"The project reports should be submitted for approval and sanction so that the department will perform its functioning smoothly and efficiently with financial support of the Central government," Union Secretary, Department of Biotechnology M K Bhan said while addressing dignitaries from various universities across the state.
Heads of various institutions in Jammu and Kashmir, Principals of government medical colleges and Directors of centrally-funded institutes were present in the meeting yesterday, an official spokesman said.
According to the spokesperson, a threadbare discussion was held regarding the promotion and setting up of biotechnology programmes and projects in the state for improving economy and providing ample opportunities to the stakeholders.
Bhan asked participants to work for the development of biotechnology research in the state and assured all the participants that the Department of Biotechnology would provide funds and other kinds of help to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'