Centre facilitating corruption in J&K: Mehbooba
Jammu: Alleging a cricket scam worth millions
in Jammu and Kashmir, opposition PDP on Saturday lashed out at the
Centre accusing it of facilitating political crimes and
corruption in the state.
PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti also targeted national parties,
especially the BJP, over the issue saying they were yet to
utter a word on the alleged scam of such proportions.
"New Delhi is facilitating political crimes and
corruption in J&K", she said, adding, "I feel the national
parties in New Delhi and I would also like to mention the name
of BJP who did not utter a word even after such a big scam
occurred in Jammu and Kashmir, and it shows that they also
facilitate such things in the state".
"There is total non-governance, lack of development,
growing unemployment and alienation among the people besides
high degree of political crimes and corruption in J&K",
Mehbooba told reporters here.
However, she said the biggest issue in the state at
present is that of unemployment. She alleged that even
employed people are agitating on the streets for either not
getting salaries regularly or only half of it.
"Whether they are casual labourers, daily wagers,
teachers or contractors, everyday you can see that they are
protesting and are being baton charged. In reply to this,
government says that they do not have sufficient funds but
unfortunately on the other side there is a surge in illegal
appointments," said she.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch