Centre facilitating corruption in J&K: Mehbooba
Jammu: Alleging a cricket scam worth millions
in Jammu and Kashmir, opposition PDP on Saturday lashed out at the
Centre accusing it of facilitating political crimes and
corruption in the state.
PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti also targeted national parties,
especially the BJP, over the issue saying they were yet to
utter a word on the alleged scam of such proportions.
"New Delhi is facilitating political crimes and
corruption in J&K", she said, adding, "I feel the national
parties in New Delhi and I would also like to mention the name
of BJP who did not utter a word even after such a big scam
occurred in Jammu and Kashmir, and it shows that they also
facilitate such things in the state".
"There is total non-governance, lack of development,
growing unemployment and alienation among the people besides
high degree of political crimes and corruption in J&K",
Mehbooba told reporters here.
However, she said the biggest issue in the state at
present is that of unemployment. She alleged that even
employed people are agitating on the streets for either not
getting salaries regularly or only half of it.
"Whether they are casual labourers, daily wagers,
teachers or contractors, everyday you can see that they are
protesting and are being baton charged. In reply to this,
government says that they do not have sufficient funds but
unfortunately on the other side there is a surge in illegal
appointments," said she.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi