Centre facilitating corruption in J&K: Mehbooba
Jammu: Alleging a cricket scam worth millions
in Jammu and Kashmir, opposition PDP on Saturday lashed out at the
Centre accusing it of facilitating political crimes and
corruption in the state.
PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti also targeted national parties,
especially the BJP, over the issue saying they were yet to
utter a word on the alleged scam of such proportions.
"New Delhi is facilitating political crimes and
corruption in J&K", she said, adding, "I feel the national
parties in New Delhi and I would also like to mention the name
of BJP who did not utter a word even after such a big scam
occurred in Jammu and Kashmir, and it shows that they also
facilitate such things in the state".
"There is total non-governance, lack of development,
growing unemployment and alienation among the people besides
high degree of political crimes and corruption in J&K",
Mehbooba told reporters here.
However, she said the biggest issue in the state at
present is that of unemployment. She alleged that even
employed people are agitating on the streets for either not
getting salaries regularly or only half of it.
"Whether they are casual labourers, daily wagers,
teachers or contractors, everyday you can see that they are
protesting and are being baton charged. In reply to this,
government says that they do not have sufficient funds but
unfortunately on the other side there is a surge in illegal
appointments," said she.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what